February 2, 2016
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
February 2, 2016
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Doug Clark called the Regular Trustee Meeting of February 2, 2016 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Doug Clark, Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Doug Czako and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. John Ankrom and Bill Toole were also present.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- John Ankrom was present to introduce himself as a candidate for county commissioner.
- Doug had no zoning items to discuss.
- Kevin will be out of town on February 13 and 14.
- Kevin asked to purchase some hand tools. Mr. Welsh moved that Kevin could spend up to $300.00 for hand tools to be paid from Roads/Operating Supplies. Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three yes votes.
- The County has sent the estimate for the cost of repairing township roads as part of this year’s project. Mr. DeFelice asked the Trustees to review this and discuss it at the next meeting.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- We need to move on the building project and will need to hire a new architect.
- Pritchard Electric will be doing the outside lighting project at the fire station.
- Chris Henry will be starting the masonry work inside the fire station soon. He will be installing a security window with a pass-thru tray.
- The Chief would like the Trustees to meet with the Walnut Township Trustees and with the County Commissioners.
- There was some discussion about adding a fee to the county building permits. Mr. Welsh will get more information regarding this possibility.
- Cemetery Fees: Mr. Clark will get prices for surrounding cemeteries and the Trustees will discuss this at a later meeting.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
January 19, 2016 Regular meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of January 19, 2016 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-13.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the February 2, 2016 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:45pm.