HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES MEETING
April 2, 2013
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Keith Peters called the Regular Trustee Meeting of April 2, 2013 to order at 7:00pm at the Township Hall, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Paul Welsh, Trustee Doug Clark, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
- Joe reminded the Trustees that we will not have a secretary for the zoning commission as of next week. Carol Balthaser’s resignation is effective as of April 12, 2013. Joe also mentioned that both his name and phone number were listed incorrectly in the newspaper notice for the public hearing that was submitted by the zoning appeals board secretary on March 26, 2013. The Trustees would like to find one person to do the secretarial duties for both boards. A name was suggested and Chief Edgington knows her, so he will contact her and ask if she is interested.
- Kevin needs a signed letter stating that the Trustees will pay for his physical for his CDL license. The Trustees asked the clerk to write a letter stating that the township will pay for this physical.
- Kevin would like to have two comp days off this next pay period if there are no funerals on those days. He could not give the dates he will need off, but said it depends on what is going on. The Trustees approved the time off but stated that he would have to call one of them to let them know he was not working that day.
- Sprint has been down for several days in this area and cell phones have not been working. Sprint told Kevin we would receive a $15.00 credit on the next bill.
- He wants to buy a new weed-eater for the roads. Mr. Peters asked Kevin to get estimates.
- Kevin wants to buy an ATV for use in the cemetery. He had four estimates between eight and ten thousand dollars. The Trustees explained that we don’t have any extra money in the cemetery fund.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
RESOLUTION 13-33 (Fire Levy Resolution #2 Attached)
A RESOLUTION DECLARING IT NECESSARY TO LEVY A TAX IN EXCESS OF THE 10 MILL LIMITATION WITHIN HARRISON TOWNSHIP, INCLUDING THE VILLAGES OF ASHVILLE AND SOUTH BLOOMFIELD, AND TO ENACT A TAX LEVY TO RUN FOR A CONTINUING PERIOD OF TIME FOR THE PURPOSE OF PROVIDING FOR AND MAINTAINING THE HARRISON TOWNSHIP FIRE DEPARTMENT. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-33.
- Coughlin replaced three injectors in Medic 803 at their cost. They drove it to Chillicothe to test it and it broke down again. They will replace the heads at half price for $4000. After much discussion, the Trustees concurred that there is really no choice but to get this medic repaired. Medic 802 also needs to go in soon for repairs and that would only leave us with one medic.
- The Chief called Dennis Williams at Earnhart-Hill water about the fire hydrants on Ashville Pike north that the residents said were dry. He was told that they are not turning the water on to those hydrants. They have placed “out of service” tags on every one of them. They are moving them 200 feet west in August. The Chief also called Mr. Buckler to let him know Earnhart-Hill’s response.
- Andrea Osborne is on light duty working days for a few weeks.
- The Chief applied for a State Equipment Grant for $15,000.00 which was denied.
- The Chief had a report of bed bugs at the station and immediately had the carpet and furniture cleaned and when the exterminator came out he couldn’t find any. They took clothing to the commercial dryers at the laundry. The Chief requested a check for cash to pay the Laundromat and there is no policy allowing him to get cash for such an emergency.
A RESOLUTION TO ALLOW THE FIRE CHIEF TO RECEIVE A CHECK FOR CASH UP TO $200.00 FOR AN EMERGENCY PURCHASE WHERE ONLY CASH IS ACCEPTED. THIS PAYMENT MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE TRUSTEES FOR APPROVAL AT THE NEXT REGULARLY SCHEDULED MEETING. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-34.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
March 19, 2013 Regular meeting: Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of March 19, 2013 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
- Mr. Peters said that within two days ODOT contacted the residents that were at the last Trustee meeting. Someone went out and met with the person having the drainage problem. ODOT sais they have moved the road fifty feet to the west.
- Mr. Peters also contacted ODOT regarding the Ashville Pike right-of-way contract they had sent us, and they agreed that it should have been sent to the county as it is a county road.
- Frontier Communications sent a request for Project #2328234, allowing them to place buried telephone cable along/across Miller Road, Lockbourne Eastern Road and Duvall Road in accordance with the attached drawings (sheets 4-10, 12, 15, 18-23). The Trustees signed this permit.
A RESOLUTION PERMITTING FRONTIER COMMUNICATIONS TO PLACE BURIED TELEPHONE CABLE AS PROPOSED IN PROJECT #2328234. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-35.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
- The Clerk asked the Trustees if they wished to meet with Thomas Welsh from Burnham and Flower regarding our OTARMA property and liability insurance and they did not.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R13-36.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the April 2, 2013 Board of Trustees Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:00pm.