HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES MEETING
November 19, 2013
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Trustee Paul Welsh called the Regular Trustee Meeting of November 19, 2013 to order at 7:00pm at the Township Hall, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Doug Clark, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Trustee Keith Peters was absent.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
- Joe has not received information from the Prosecutor’s office regarding either the Burdak property or the Bailey property.
- The zoning appeals board has two meetings scheduled for November 25 and December 9.
- Kevin has placed signs on Lockbourne Eastern between the ball fields and St Paul Road where there is no berm.
- Kevin needs a new blade for the International Snow Plow. It is $220.00 plus the cost of the bolts. The Trustees approved this purchase.
- Kevin asked for three hours off on Wed, Nov 20. The Trustees approved.
- Kevin will be on vacation from Nov 28 to Dec 10. Chad Noggle or Dan Heeter can dig graves or drive the snow plow if necessary.
- The Trustees approved the purchase of an alarm from John Horsley for the metal building that houses the snow plows and tools for $400.00.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
The Chief presented his report. There were no items requiring action by the Trustees.
- The new rates for the medical, dental, vision, and life insurance were discussed.
A RESOLUTION TO ACCEPT THE INSURANCE COMMITTEE’S RECOMMENDATION ACCEPTING THE INCREASED RATES FOR MEDICAL INSURANCE FOR 2014. FULL TIME EMPLOYEES AND ELECTED OFFICIALS WILL RECEIVE THEIR HEALTH INSURANCE AT NO COST, BUT WILL HAVE A PAYROLL DECUCTION FOR 10% OF THE COST FOR DEPENDENTS WHO ARE ENROLLED IN THE TOWNSHIP MEDICAL INSURANCE PLAN. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R13-94.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
November 5, 2013 Regular meeting: Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of November 5, 2013 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
- The clerk read the email from Realtor Michelle Kovach recommending that she lower the price of the property by $5000.00 every six weeks until a contract is signed.
A RESOLUTION TO KEEP THE PROPERTY ON THE MARKET FOR $69,000.00 UNTIL THE CONTRACT EXPIRES ON FEBRUARY 20, 2014. IF THE PROPERTY HAS NOT SOLD BY THIS DATE IT WILL BE TAKEN OFF THE MARKET. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R13-95.
- The clerk read the request for a door prize donation for $25.00 for the Trustees and Fiscal Officers Association Annual Banquet. The Trustees asked the clerk to purchase a $25.00 Bob Evans gift card for this event.
- The clerk followed up with Lynn Goodfleisch regarding the problems she had with Local Waste Services. Eric DeHays never called her to follow up after meeting with the Trustees. He did respond to Lynn’s email and said that she and each of the neighbors would receive a $3.00 credit for the late charge they had paid.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE TRANSFER OF $200,000.00 FROM THE EMS CHECKING ACCOUNT TO THE PRIMARY CHECKING ACCOUNT. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R13-96.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATION OF $3500.00 FROM THE GENERAL FUND TO ZONING SALARIES 1000-130-150-0000 TO PAY THE ZONING INSPECTOR AND BOARD MEMBERS. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R13-97.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Peters seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R13-98.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Peters seconded the motion to adjourn the November 19, 2013 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:50pm.