April 16, 2013
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES MEETING
April 16, 2013
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Keith Peters called the Regular Trustee Meeting of April 16, 2013 to order at 7:00pm at the Township Hall, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Paul Welsh, Trustee Doug Clark, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott and Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice. Fire Chief Eric Edgington arrived after the meeting had started and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse was absent.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Carol Balthaser returned all of the Zoning Commission reports and files she had since her resignation date was April 12, 2013. The Trustees again thanked her for the great job she has done as secretary of the Zoning Commission.
- Robin Welsh was present to meet with the Trustees regarding the position of secretary for both the Zoning Commission and the Zoning Appeals boards. After some discussion, the Trustees hired Robin.
A RESOLUTION TO HIRE ROBIN WELSH AS THE SECRETARY FOR BOTH THE ZONING COMMISSION AND THE ZONING APPEALS BOARD EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-37.
Mr. Peters discussed the pay for both the zoning board secretary and the board members and stated it had been years since the amount of pay had been raised. He suggested we raise the pay for both positions by $20.00 per meeting.
A RESOLUTION TO INCREASE THE PAY FOR THE MEMBERS OF THE ZONING COMMISSION AND ZONING APPEALS BOARD TO $60.00 PER MEETING AND THE SECRETARY OF THE ZONING COMMISSION AND ZONING APPEALS BOARD TO $80.00 PER MEETING EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-38.
- The minutes from the Brian Bell hearing will go back to the zoning commission for approval at the next meeting.
- Kelly Spriggs needs a key to the township house. Mr. Clark will have Kevin get two keys made, one for Kelly and one for Robin Welsh. Mr. Peters will get the key back from Mark Coon.
- The Trustees asked the clerk to compose a letter to the secretary of the zoning appeals board explaining that we have hired one person to do the secretarial work for both boards. They will review and sign the letter at the next meeting.
- Kevin submitted two bids for a new weed-eater for use on the roads. Both Evolution AG and JD Equipment gave the price of $229.00. The Trustees approved the purchase from Evolution AG.
- Kevin wants to attend a class about how speed limits are established. The Trustees did not feel this class pertains to his job, so if he wants to attend it will have to be on his own time and he will be responsible for the class fee.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief went over the attached report.
- Fred Hughes filed a worker’s comp claim. He twisted his ankle when getting off of the treadmill at the fire station. He has not missed any work since then.
- The Chief doesn’t believe we can wait any longer to order a new medic. Medic 803 is still in the shop and we don’t know if it will be reliable to use for emergencies. Medic 801 is eleven years old and needs some repairs, leaving us with only one medic at times. After much discussion, the Trustees approved the purchase of a new medic.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE PURCHASE OF A NEW MEDIC TO BE ORDERED FROM HORTON EMERGENCY VEHICLES AT STATE BID PRICE OF APPROXIMATELY $158,000.00. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-39.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
April 2, 2013 Regular meeting: Mr. Peters pointed out the under the Fire Chief’s report it should be “they will replace the heads at half price,” The clerk will make the correction. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded a motion to approve the corrected minutes of the regular meeting of April 2, 2013. The Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
OTHER BUSINESS: None
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
- The clerk shared the letter from The Citizens Bank regarding securities pledged to Public Funds’ deposits for the first quarter of 2013 This is the second quarter that the Pledged Securities were not adequately pledged. The previous quarter was the first quarter of 2011. The clerk advised the Trustees to move approximately half of the money we currently have in our checking accounts at The Citizens Bank. The Trustees decided to move $750,000. to Kingston National Bank.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE TRANSFER OF $350,000.00 FROM THE EMS CHECKING ACCOUNT INTO THE PRIMARY CHECKING ACCOUNT. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-40.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE TRANSFER OF $750,000.00 FROM THE CITIZENS BANK PRIMARY CHECKING ACCOUNT TO A MONEY MARKET CHECKING ACCOUNT AT KINGSTON NATIONAL BANK. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-41.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-42.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded the motion to adjourn the April 16, 2013 Board of Trustees Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:05pm.