April 19, 2016
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
April 19, 2016
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Trustee Joe DeFelice called the Regular Trustee Meeting of April 19, 2016 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, and Zoning Inspector Doug Czako. Fire Captain Chad Noggle and Firefighters Matt Scholl and Lacey Perigo were also present. Trustee Doug Clark and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse were absent.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Chad Noggle asked the Trustees to add Parallel Equity Advisors as an optional 457 Retirement Plan for the Firefighters. Currently, we have only Security Benefits.
A RESOLUTION TO ADD PARALLEL EQUITY ADVISORS AS AN OPTIONAL 457 RETIREMENT PLAN FOR THE FIREFIGHTERS. ALL WITHHOLDINGS TO THIS RETIREMENT PLAN WOULD BE DEFERRED WITHHOLDINGS PRIOR TO TAXES. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R16-34.
- National Limestone sent a variance to the county for building in the flood plain.
- Schumacher Homes is planning to tear down one of their model homes and build another.
- The Trustees will hold a public hearing to act on the recommendation of the Zoning Commission regarding NorthPoint Development on May 17th at 6pm. The clerk will post the date and time on the website, publish a Legal Notice in the Circleville Herald and notify surrounding residents by mail.
- Kevin sent a bid price of $80.00 from Pritchard Electric to remove the pole light so the broken pole can be replaced at the cemetery. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion to accept this bid. All were in favor and the motion passed.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief is getting bids on having the restrooms repaired and remodeled.
- Medic 803 is still at Coughlin. Every time they fix one thing, something else goes down.
- The Trustees and Chief would like to meet with the Walnut Township Trustees about replacing their two oldest tax levies. The Chief will call to see if they can be put on the agenda for May 16th.
- The Trustees met with the County Commissioners this morning to explain the burden that the large buildings in the JEDD area put on the Township.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
April 5, 2016 Regular meeting: Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of April 5, 2016 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
The Trustees reviewed the Township Liability Insurance from OTARMA.
A RESOLUTION TO ACCEPT THE LIABILITY LIMITS, APPROVE AND PAY THE OTARMA INSURANCE FOR 2016-2017 AND CONTUINUE OUR MEMBERSHIP WITH OTARMA. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R16-35.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R16-36.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion to adjourn the April 19, 2016 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:55pm.