April 7, 2015
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
April 7, 2015
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Keith Peters called the Trustee Regular Meeting of April 7, 2015 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Keith Peters, Trustee Paul Welsh, Trustee Doug Clark, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Residents Buck and Beth Spangler and Doug Czako were also present. Ryan Sark from Mid-Ohio Water Management arrived after the meeting had started.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Buck Spangler addressed the flooding problems at his property on Duvall Road since ODOT has finished the overpass and cut the drainage tile. His property is flooded and has nowhere to drain. His septic tank is full and the health department is coming out tomorrow to test the surface water. If there is bacteria in the water the EPA will be notified immediately. The four properties east of him are also flooded and having water drainage problems. He has been running two sump pumps in his basement that run constantly. Doug Czako shared that he is having the same problems at his house three doors east of Spangler’s. Mr. Peters said the Trustees will help in any way they can to get ODOT to fix this problem.
- We have two variance applications and a meeting scheduled for each.
- Jayme is communicating with the attorney of Dino Martin regarding that zoning violation.
- There is water in the ditch at Lockbourne Eastern Road south of Duvall Road. Chris Shine suggested contacting the phone company or the gas company because they were the last two in there working and may have hit a tile.
- Caravan Mobile Home Park had a catch basin put in.
- The platform at the cemetery is in bad shape. Kevin had a bid to fix the platform and replace the steps for $2094.00. The Trustees asked him to get another bid, possibly to replace the platform with wood.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief presented the attached Chief’s report.
- Pickaway County Tire Collection Day is April 25.
- Pickaway County Chamber of Commerce Dinner is May 14.
- Ohio Public Works Commission Township Nominations for District 17. The Trustees did not know the candidates and chose not to vote on this.
- Ohio Department of Transportation 2014 Township Highway System Mileage Certification was signed by all Trustees.
- We received the resurfacing estimates from the County Engineer for Bulen Pierce Road, Shepherd Road (from Bulen Pierce Road to the Franklin County line) and Picway Road.
A RESOLUTION TO ACCEPT THE RESURFACING COUNTY WIDE PAVING PROJECT FROM THE PICKAWAY COUNTY ENGINEER DEPARTMENT FOR BULEN-PIERCE ROAD, SHEPHERD ROAD (NORTH AND SOUTH) AND PICWAY ROAD FOR $127,357.79 TO BE PAID FROM GASOLINE TAX/CONTRACTED SERVICES 2021-330-360-0000. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted: Mr. Peters, yes; Mr. Clark, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes. R15-24 was approved.
A RESOLUTION FOR THE SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATION OF $127,357.79 FROM THE GASOLINE TAX FUND TO GASOLINE TAX:CONTRACTED SERVICES 2021-330-360-0000 AND A PURCHASE ORDER TO THE PICKAWAY COUNTY ENGINEER FOR THE SAME AMOUNT. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R15-25.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
March 24, 2015 Regular meeting: Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of March 24, 2015 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO TRANSFER $3852.26 TO CLOSE THE MONEY MARKET CHECKING ACCOUNT AT KINGSTON NATIONAL BANK AND DEPOSIT TO THE PRIMARY CHECKING ACCOUNT AT THE SAVINGS BANK. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R15-26. A check was signed by the Fiscal Officer, Mr. Clark, Mr. Welsh and Mr. Peters.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE CLIENT SERVICES AGREEMENT WITH MEDICOUNT MANAGEMENT, INC. FOR THE BILLING OF THE TOWNSHIP EMS SERVICES. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R15-27.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R15-28.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Peters seconded the motion to adjourn the March 24, 2015 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:00pm