HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
August 1, 2017
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Bill Welsh called the Regular Trustee Meeting of August 1, 2017 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Bill Welsh, Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Doug Clark, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Dale Hoover and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
- The Zoning Commission has recommended to the Trustees to allow Jones Fuel Company to change the zoning to Planned Business, the temporary entrance on US 23 be only used before the business is open and that all business traffic use the entrance on SR762 as permitted by ODOT. Also, no lighting, signage, or structures are approved at this time. Any changes must go through the proper zoning application and permit process.
A RESOLUTION TO HOLD A PUBLIC HEARING TO CONSIDER JONES FUEL COMPANY’S APPLICATION TO REZONE PARCELS D1200020031600 & D1200030031210 FROM FARM/RESIDENTIAL TO PLANNED BUSINESS. THIS HEARING WILL BE HELD ON SEPTEMBER 5, 2017 AT 6:30PM. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R17-59.
- Dale has tried repeatedly to get the Zoning Application and fees from NorthPoint. They continue to agree to send these items but nothing has been received although they are building. Mr. DeFelice will also call NorthPoint.
- Teays Valley Youth Soccer has a large sign on SR 752. The Trustees asked Dale to have them fill out a zoning application for the sign and also write a letter to request having the fee waived.
- Kevin asked for vacation time from August 15 through August 19. Mr. Clark made a motion to approve this time off. Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve the motion.
- The roads building garage door opener is not working since the storm in July. D & K Doors has submitted estimates to fix it or replace it. Mr. DeFelice moved that D & K Doors replace the logic board, photo eyes and console button for the existing opener for $250.00. Mr. Clark seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve the motion.
- First Capital Hydraulics ordered the wrong parts for the backhoe cylinders from Southeastern. The parts were returned but we are being charged a restocking fee of $98.84 plus the shipping fee of $42.72. The Trustees approved a payment of $98.84.
- The 1988 Red Dump truck shifter was repaired by Duke’s Garage for $175.00. It only has first, second and reverse gears so cannot be taken on the roads. The new truck is on order.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief has decided to replace the six bay garage doors that face SR 752 at a cost of $20,966.00. Nationserve of Columbus has asked for a Purchase Order for that amount before ordering the doors.
A RESOLUTION TO REALLOCATE $20,966.00 FROM THE BLANKET CERTIFICATE FOR FIRE: BUILDINGS 2011-760-720-0000 TO ISSUE A PURCHASE ORDER TO NATIONSERVE OF COLUMBUS FOR SIX NEW DOORS AND OPENERS FOR A TOTAL OF $20,966.00. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R17-60.
- Pickaway Soil & Water is considering purchasing a tile locating device and asked the Trustees to complete a short survey. The Trustees agreed this would be beneficial to the township, that it should be equipped with a camera and they would be willing to contribute financially equally with all county townships.
- The Health Insurance Committee met on July 31 with Ginnie Andrews from Andrews Group Solutions regarding township medical insurance for 2017. She asked to have each eligible employee fill out health information forms and return them to her so she could research our options and provide a quote.
- Mr. DeFelice received a request from Jeff Derr, Madison Township Trustee to run a drain pipe under Lockbourne Eastern Road south of Miller Road to alleviate flooding during heavy rains. Mr. DeFelice suggested the Trustees approve their request as long as they keep the pipe level, not making it fall toward us. Madison Township will be responsible for all costs of this project.
A RESOLUTION TO ALLOW MADISON TOWNSHIP TO RUN A LEVEL PIPE UNDER LOCKBOURNE EASTERN ROAD ONE QUARTER MILE SOUTH OF MILLER ROAD. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R17-61.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
July 18, 2017 Regular Meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Clark seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of July 18, 2017 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve the motion.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R17-62.
At 7:34pm Mr. Welsh made a motion to go into executive session to discuss a personnel issue. Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion and the Trustees voted: Mr. Clark, yes; Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes.
At 7:43pm Mr. DeFelice made a motion to leave executive session. Mr. Clark seconded the motion and the Trustees voted: Mr. Clark, yes; Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion to adjourn the August 1, 2017 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:45pm.