HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
August 18, 2015
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Keith Peters called the Regular Trustee Meeting of August 18, 2015 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Keith Peters, Trustee Doug Clark, Trustee Paul Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice was absent. Resident Bill Welsh was also present.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
ZONING INSPECTOR: No report.
- Kevin asked for Thursday, August 20th He also requested to take his vacation from November 25 through December 9, 2015. The Trustees approved this time off.
- LTAP has a class for snowplow drivers on October 20. Kevin would like for the Trustees to send Joey Clark and Beau Ramey to this class. It is $40.00 per student. The Trustees approved sending Joey and Beau to this class at the Township’s expense.
- The snowplow brakes locked up last week. The brakes were put on in 2004. The Trustees approved having the brakes inspected on the snowplow.
- The backhoe door has been broken. Kevin is looking for a replacement and will try to straighten it.
- Mr. Peters contacted the county and they will stripe Miller Road with white lines on each side of the road at the cost of $1100.00 per mile. Mr. Peters moved and Mr. Clark seconded the motion to add the cost of striping Miller Road to the County Road job. The Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve this expense.
- Kevin does not have the equipment to berm Miller Road. Mr. Peters will check on the cost of having Roese Brothers berm it.
- Kevin discussed the need to lay out the next section of the cemetery. The clerk will call Craig Stevenson who gave us an estimate in 2012 and find out if he still has the paperwork from that estimate.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief presented the attached Chief’s report.
- The Clerk presented the new fire contract for Jackson Township for 2016 through 2020. The Trustees signed the contract and the Chief will present it to the Jackson Township Trustees.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE FIRE CONTRACT WITH JACKSON TOWNSHIP, PICKAWAY COUNTY, OHIO TO FURNISH FIRE AND EMERGENCY PROTECTION TO THE AGREED UPON AREAS OF JACKSON TOWNSHIP AND THE INHABITANTS THEREOF FOR THE CALENDAR YEARS 2016 THROUGH 2020 FOR THE AMOUNT OF $28,000.00 IN 2016 AND INCREASING $500.00 PER YEAR. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R15-58.
- The Chief requested $50,000.00 for the purchase of new air packs.
A RESOLUTION TO TRANSFER $50,000.00 FROM THE FIRE FUND TO 2111-760-740-0000 MACHINERY, EQUIPMENT AND FURNITURE FOR THE PURCHASE OF NEW AIR PACKS AND A BLANKET CERTIFICATE FOR THE SAME. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted: Mr. Clark, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes; Mr. Peters, yes. Resolution 15-59 was approved.
- Mr. Welsh contacted the Pickaway County Health Department to check on the Pandora Grain site on Duvall Road. They did go to the site and are contacting the railroad about the standing water and the moldy grain.
- Mr. Clark stated that it would require a traffic study to lower the speed limit on Duvall Road. After our initial traffic study, ODOT would conduct their traffic study at our expense before considering the change. The Trustees decided not to proceed with this because of the expense.
- Mr. Clark called Strawser to clean Duvall Road, but they have not been out yet to do this. Mr. Clark will check with them and if they aren’t going to come out soon, he will contact another company.
- Mr. Peters has tried repeatedly to call Pandora Grain, but they have not returned his phone calls.
- Kevin checked the ditch on Hoover Road and said it is open. He thinks the flooding problem was caused by the heavy amount of rain we received.
- Mr. Clark suggested ordering reflectorized T-Shirts for cemetery/road employees to wear to identify them and to offer protection on the roads when called out at night. He will check on the cost.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
August 4, 2015 Regular meeting: Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of August 4, 2015 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO ACCEPT THE AMOUNTS AND RATES AS DETERMINED BY THE BUDGET COMMISSION AND AUTHORIZING THE NECESSARY TAX LEVIES AND CERTIFYING THEM TO THE COUNTY AUDITOR FOR THE FISCAL YEAR COMMENCING JANUARY 1, 2016. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted. Roll call: Mr. Peters, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes; Mr. Clark, yes. The motion passed and R15-60 was approved.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R15-61.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Peters moved and Mr. Clark seconded the motion to adjourn the August 18, 2015 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:45pm.