HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
August 2, 2016
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Vice-Chairman Joe DeFelice called the Regular Trustee Meeting of August 2, 2016 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse and Zoning Inspector Doug Czako. Trustee Doug Clark was absent. Village of Ashville Administrator Franklin Christman was also present.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Franklin Christman presented information explaining the concept of forming a North Gate Alliance CEDA Foundation to help raise funds, generate ideas and enhance community participation. The Trustees had questions and concerns but are interested in meeting with all parties that would be involved in creating a foundation to learn more.
- Doug confirmed that everyone was aware of the Public Hearing on Tuesday, August 16th at 6:30pm for the Vance property re-zoning.
- Mr. DeFelice asked Doug to make a list of job responsibilities of the zoning inspector for the employee handbook that the Trustees are writing.
- The 2003 Chevy right rear brake light assembly went out and was replaced. Now the right airbag sensor has gone out. Duke’s Garage estimates the cost of the airbag sensor repair will be approximately $350.00. Mr. DeFelice moved to repair this sensor if the total repair cost is $400.00 or less. Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees approved this repair.
- The GMC Snow Plow needs a new muffler. The muffler is $303.00 plus $25.00 for parts. Mr. Welsh moved to allow the purchase of this muffler and parts up to $350.00. Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees approved this purchase.
- Kevin asked for August 19th off as a vacation day. The Trustees approved this time off.
- The Trustees asked Kevin to contact Dale Hoover to repair the air conditioner at the township building.
- Mr. Welsh reminded Kevin that he is not to work eight hours on meetings days and then charge the township for an hour overtime to attend the Trustee meeting.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The chief presented his report. There were no items that required approval of the Trustees.
- Capital City Improvements will be covering an opening to the bunk room for $776.00.
- The new quote for the back gravel parking lot is $2880.00. The previous quote was $5800.00.
- The phone system is good, but the actual phones need to be replaced and reprogramed.
- Medic 803 broke down again on a run and another department was called in to transport the patient.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE TRANSFER OF $400,000.00 FROM THE EMS CHECKING ACCOUNT TO THE PRIMARY CHECKING ACCOUNT. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R16-54 and signed the EMS account check for this amount.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE A SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATION FROM THE FIRE FUND TO 2111-220-314-0000 TAX COLLECTION FEES TO PAY THE COUNTY AUDITOR TAX COLLECTION FEES. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R16-55.
- The Budget Hearings for Harrison Township are scheduled for Friday, August 12th at 8am. Mr. DeFelice is planning to attend the hearing.
- Mr. DeFelice followed up with the county departments regarding the letters we sent last year concerning the Renick property. The Health Department said they would send someone out to inspect the property on August 22nd and report back to the Trustees. The Building Department said they have already been out to the property and will send a letter to the Trustees and the Zoning Commission.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
The minutes from the June 7, 2016 meeting could not be approved as there was only one Trustee present who attended that meeting.
July 19, 2016 Regular Meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of July 19, 2016 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R16-56.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion to adjourn the August 2, 2016 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:45pm.