HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
August 21, 2018
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Joe DeFelice called the Regular Trustee Meeting of August 21, 2018 to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Chad Noggle, Zoning Inspector Dale Hoover and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Trustee Mike Freeman was absent. Fire Captain Shawn Davidson, Fire Lieutenant Colt Cline, Fire Lieutenant Jeremiah Withers, several Firefighters, family members and friends of Chief Noggle were also present. Steven Collins from the Circleville Herald and Jason Rubinstein from Colonial Life were also in attendance.
Trustee Bill Welsh presented Fire Chief Chad Noggle with his Chief’s badge and administered the Fire Chief’s Oath of Office. The Trustees and all present congratulated Chief Noggle and several pictures were taken.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Jason Rubinstein addressed the Trustees and explained different insurance items from Colonial Life he would like to offer to the Township employees and asked to meet with the Fiscal Officer to review the current insurance coverage to see if there are any gaps in the current policies. Mr. DeFelice stated that he would like to address the issue at the next meeting with the full Trustee board and then let him know.
- Dale issued two new zoning applications to Tradeport and Jacqueline Thomas.
- Mr. DeFelice asked Dale to check on the number of trailers at Greenlawn. They are permitted to have thirty-five and have many more than that.
- Cameron and Kyle are doing a great job at the Cemetery.
- All roadsides have been mowed.
- Kevin asked for vacation from January 4 through January 14, 2019. The Fiscal Officer reminded Kevin that he can only carry over forty hours at the end of the year and will not have accrued any 2019 vacation by January4. Mr. DeFelice made a motion to approve this vacation time and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion. This vacation time was approved.
- A shepherd hook at a gravesite nearly caused a serious injury to a funeral home employee. Mr. DeFelice moved that all shepherd hooks, wire hangers, metal rods and other items that are not permitted according to the Cemetery Rules and Regulations be removed from all gravesites by September 1, 2019. These items are to be tagged with the gravesite information and put in the building for anyone interested in taking them home. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion and the Trustees voted to approve the motion.
- All signs received as part of the ODOT grant have been installed. Mr. DeFelice signed the ODOT grant.
- Mr. DeFelice and Darryl Ward have completed the road inventory and Craig Stevenson has it.
- Kevin was reminded to complete the Expense Sheet for every item purchased.
- Kevin was reminded to check that all roads/cemetery employee’s time cards are completed, signed and show whether work was done in the cemetery or on the roads.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- Jeremiah Withers started as a Lieutenant in Three Unit on August 19. His promotion ceremony will be at the next Trustee meeting on September 4, 2018.
- The Chief presented the invoice for his Class A uniform modifications from Captain to Chief and asked if the Township pays any part of that. Mr. Welsh made a motion to pay the $450.75 from Fire, Other Expenses. Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion. Motion was approved.
- Three Unit will continue to have eight people on duty every sixth day. The Trustees are aware of this, and asked the Chief to allow eight people to work if everyone reports for duty, but not to call in replacements to make it eight people. Through attrition we will get back to seven assigned to each unit.
- The Unit Officers and one firefighter from each unit met to interview the candidates for the two full-time firefighter positions. The Hiring Committee recommended Timothy Campbell for Three Unit and Issac Wojciechowski for One Unit and the Chief agreed to the recommendations.
A RESOLUTION TO APPOINT TIMOTHY CAMPBELL AS A FULL-TIME FIREFIGHTER ON THREE UNIT AS OF SEPTEMBER 2, 2018 AT CURRENT CONTRACT WAGE, CONTINGENT UPON PASSING THE OP&FPF PHYSICAL AND STRESS TEST. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve R18-76.
A RESOLUTION TO APPOINT ISSAC WOJCIECHOWSKI AS A FULL-TIME FIREFIGHTER ON ONE UNIT AS OF SEPTEMBER 2, 2018 AT CURRENT CONTRACT WAGE, CONTINGENT UPON PASSING THE OP&FPF PHYSICAL AND STRESS TEST. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-77.
- OTARMA will be appraising buildings valued at over $50,000.00 during the next three years. Harrison Township will be in Phase One and they will contact us before coming out.
- The Pickaway County Engineer’s Office offered a 2007 CANON IMAGERUNNER 2020I Copier/Fax Machine to any Township that needed a copier. Our Fiscal Officer was the first to respond and we were given this copier. Mr. DeFelice and Darryl Ward transported it to the Township Building.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
August 7, 2018 Regular Meeting: Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of August 7, 2018 and the Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve the motion.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE REALLOCATION OF $100.00 FROM ROADS WORKERS’ COMP TO ROADS TAX COLLECTION FEES TO ACCEPT THE REAL ESTATE TAXES. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve R18-78.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve R18-79.
At 8:05 Chief Noggle asked to go into executive session to discuss personnel matters within the fire department. Mr. Welsh made a motion to enter executive session and Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion and the Trustees voted: Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes.
At 8:27pm Mr. Welsh made a motion to leave executive session. Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion and the Trustees voted: Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes.
Mr. Welsh moved that the other two firefighters who were highly recommended for full-time employment may be brought in for an interview with the Chief without him having to post the job, if there is a full-time vacancy within ninety days (by November 21, 2018.) Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion and the motion was approved.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion to adjourn the August 21, 2018 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting adjourned at 8:35pm.