August 7, 2018
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
August 7, 2018
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Joe DeFelice called the Regular Trustee Meeting of August 7, 2018 to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Mike Freeman, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Chad Noggle, Zoning Inspector Dale Hoover, Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse and Substitute Road/Cemetery Superintendent Darryl Ward.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
- Dale had issued no new permits but was expecting to receive the zoning applications and fees from NorthPoint Development soon.
- The Trustees discussed the problem of people building before receiving a zoning application. Mr. DeFelice had checked with our legal counsel about adding a “late fee” if the zoning application was not completed and zoning fees paid within thirty days of receiving the building permit.
A RESOLUTION TO ADD THE FOLLOWING TO THE HARRISON TOWNSHIP ZONING CERTIFICATE FEES: AS OF SEPTEMBER 1, 2018, A 1% PENALTY WILL BE ASSESSED ON THE AMOUNT OF THE ZONING CERTIFICATE FEE IF NOT OBTAINED AND PAID WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS OF RECEIVING THE BUILDING PERMIT. AN ADDITIONAL 1% PENALTY OF THE TOTAL AMOUNT OWED WILL BE ASSESSED EVERY THIRTY (30) DAYS THEREAFTER. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the resolution and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-71.
- Both Ashville and South Bloomfield have sent letters stating that all signs received as part of the ODOT grant have been installed.
A RESOLUTION TO DECLARE THAT THE 2003 CHEVROLET 2500 TRUCK IS NO LONGER NEEDED BY HARRISON TOWNSHIP AND THE VALUE OF SAID TRUCK IS DETERMINED TO BE LESS THAN $1500.00. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-72.
- The Trustees received one offer to purchase the 2003 Chevrolet 2500 Truck from Darryl Ward for $501.00. Mr. DeFelice asked if there were any additional offers. Hearing none, Mr. DeFelice made a motion to accept Darryl Ward’s offer and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion. The Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- The Trustees received a request for financial assistance for an Indigent burial for Ginger A Kress of 10610 S R 762, Lot 189, Lockbourne, Ohio from Shaw Davis Funeral Home, Inc. Dr. Freeman made a motion to approve the request for $750.00 payable to Shaw Davis Funeral Home and Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion. The Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- The Trustees discussed leasing a fuel tank from Lykins for fuel for the cemetery vehicles.
A RESOLUTION TO LEASE A 300 GALLON FUEL TANK FROM LYKINS ENERGY SOLUTIONS AS PRESENTED IN THE ATTACHED PROPOSAL FOR USE IN CEMETERY VEHICLES. Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-73.
- The Trustees discussed the hazard created by having shepherd hooks at the cemetery sites. Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded a motion to have all shepherd hooks tagged (stating they will be removed by October 1, 2018) and removed. The Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- Kevin will see his doctor tomorrow to get a release to return to work and deliver it to the Fiscal Officer.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- Chief Noggle recommended Jeremiah Withers for promotion to Fire Captain, serving one year probation as a Lieutenant.
A RESOLUTION TO PROMOTE JEREMIAH WITHERS TO LIEUTENANT OF THREE UNIT AS OF AUGUST 19, 2018, AT THE PAY RATE OF LIEUTENANT STATED IN THE CURRENT UNION CONTRACT. IF ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SATISFACTORLY MET AFTER ONE YEAR AS LIEUTENANT, HE WILL BE PROMOTED TO CAPTAIN OF THREE UNIT. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-74.
- Chief Noggle has received several applications for the two Full-Time Firefighter positions. The deadline for applications is August 10th and interviews will be held the following week. The Chief will have recommendations for those positions at the Trustee meeting on August 21.
- The installation of electric in the barn is complete.
- The Emergency Exit stair project has not been started.
- All bay doors have been installed and adjusted.
- Chief Noggle’s swearing in will be at the meeting on August 21st.
- Lieutenant Withers swearing in will be at the meeting on September 4th.
- The new Full-Time and Part-Time firefighters will be sworn in at the Fire Station.
- Chief Noggle has assigned a harrisonfd.com email address to each firefighter so all payroll notices can now be emailed rather than printed. Welsh moved that all firefighter’s payroll advices will be emailed to their harrisonfd.com email addresses and Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion. The Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- Mr. DeFelice moved that the township enroll in Ashville Propane’s Summer Fill Program at $1.39/gallon and to lock in the fee for propane for 2018-2019 for $1.69/gallon. Dr. Freeman seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- The Trustees approved and signed the Pickaway County Engineer Township Assistance Requests for pavement marking “Stop Lines” at 8 locations for $3.25/foot and pavement markings on Lockbourne Eastern Road from S R 752 to St Paul Road for $4471.00. Mr. DeFelice moved and Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- The Fiscal Officer received a complaint regarding the property at 4412 State Route 752 which has not been mowed this year. The Trustees asked the Fiscal Officer to send the Noxious Weed letter to the owner.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
July 13, 2018 Special Meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Dr. Freeman seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the special meeting of July 13, 2018 and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
July 17, 2018 Regular Meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Dr. Freeman seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of July 17, 2018 and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-75.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion to adjourn the August 7, 2018 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting adjourned at 9:00pm.