HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
December 19, 2017
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Bill Welsh called the Regular Trustee Meeting of December 19, 2017 to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Bill Welsh, Trustee Joe DeFelice, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Dale Hoover and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Resident Michael Freeman and David Minger from Mobilitie were also in attendance.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- David Minger was present to introduce Mobilitie, LLC, a telecommunications provider. They are planning to use a utility pole on the southeast corner of SR 752 and Viking Way. If the existing pole needs to be replaced they will replace it. Mr. DeFelice stated that this should be given to the zoning inspector to determine the need for a Right-of-Way permit, his approval or the need to go to the Appeals Board.
- Dale has issued zoning permits to 3580 Airbase Road and 11789 Ashville Pike.
- Mr. DeFelice will call Kenny Cookson to ask if he will remain on the Appeals Board until 2022.
- Kevin asked for a vacation day on December 26, 2017. The Trustees approved this time off.
- Kevin’s spraying license is due. The class is $79.00 on February 23 in Columbus. The Trustees approved Kevin taking this class and paying for it from the Roads budget.
- Kevin asked if he could order parts for the riding mowers at the cemetery. The Trustees approved this purchase from the Cemetery budget for up to $650.00.
- The Ford F550 is still having battery problems. It is at Coughlin Ford and they are checking it.
- This new truck will not fit through the rows at the cemetery with the salt box on. It needs to be checked without the salt box.
- Duke’s Garage submitted a bid to repair the GMC snowplow manifold. Mr. DeFelice made a motion to authorize the repair up to $1900.00. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve the motion.
- We are still receiving the bill from Coughlin for the 2017 Ford repair that was covered under warranty. Mr. DeFelice will call Trent again.
- The Fiscal Officer again explained the requirement of turning in all receipts for purchases made on the VISA and gas cards. Many were missing this month.
- Mr. DeFelice explained that Harrison Township has been and will continue to plow the Fire Department lot, Lockbourne Eastern from SR 752 to the ball fields and on occasion, Lockbourne Eastern from St. Paul to Miller Road if Madison doesn’t have it cleared. These roads are plowed by our crew to help the Fire Department make runs.
- Mr. DeFelice asked the Fire Chief about updating Kevin’s radio. The Chief will check to see if his current radio will allow him to communicate with the county after the first of the year. If not, it will cost $650.00 to upgrade it.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief put out a memo regarding 2018 vacations. One full-time employee will be approved for vacation per shift. The second employee will only be granted time off on the same shift if they submit time as compensation time. At no time can more than two employees be scheduled off on vacation and/or compensation time on the same day.
- The Chief presented the End of the Year Report for the Fire Department.
- The Chief turned in the department’s Inventory List.
- Mr. Welsh announced that the Trustees will appoint Michael Freeman to the two year term as Trustee on January 2, 2018. The Trustees then signed letters announcing their decision to be sent to the other six applicant’s who were interested in the Trustee position.
- MaryAnn Elliott, Fiscal Officer, administered the Oath of Office to Mr. R Joseph DeFelice for his term as Trustee from January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2021.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
December 5, 2017 Regular Meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of December 5, 2017 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve the motion.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE TRANSFER OF $500,000.00 FROM THE EMS BILLING ACCOUNT TO THE GENERAL CHECKING ACCOUNT AND SIGN THE CHECK FOR THE SAME PURPOSE. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R17-111.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R17-112.
After much discussion regarding the Jefferson Health Plan’s options to pay run-out claims for Medical Mutual of Ohio, (documents attached) the Trustees made the following decision:
A RESOLUTION TO CHOOSE OPTION 2: POOLED RUN-OUT ($4000.00 PER EMPLOYEE) PAYABLE AS FOLLOWS: a. $2500.00 DUE ON OR BEFORE FEBRUARY 1; b. $1500.00 DUE ON OR BEFORE APRIL 1. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R17-113.
The Trustees discussed the situation that was confirmed by our Human Relations Department regarding an employee working over 30 hours per week combined at the cemetery, roads and fire department. Human Relations will be providing us with more information, but decided that no firefighter can work at other township jobs.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the December 19, 2017 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 9:00pm.