HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
December 6, 2016
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Doug Clark called the Regular Trustee Meeting of December 6, 2016 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Doug Clark, Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer/Clerk MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse and Zoning Inspector Doug Czako.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None.
- Doug has issued zoning violations to Integrity Staffing for non-permitted signs; NorthPoint Development for abandoned vehicles and a 2nd notice to Sandra/Tamara Blackburn for abandoned vehicles.
- There is a problem with paperwork getting to the Zoning Secretary in a timely fashion. Mr. DeFelice will call the Chair of Zoning Appeals to find out where the delay is.
- Mr. DeFelice asked Doug to call the applicant and let them know when a Public Hearing is scheduled.
- Doug investigated the complaint from Walt Hardbarger. He hasn’t spoken to Mr. Hardbarger yet, but he said it looks like Sam’s Excavating did a great job of grading the property and it doesn’t appear that it will cause the flow of water to change.
- Kevin asked for an hour or so off on Friday, December 9th to settle personal business. The Trustees approved this.
- The clerk read an email from Art Bremer asking if the bushes beside his grandparent’s graves can be removed. The Trustees asked the clerk to ask Mr. Bremer if he is granting Harrison Township permission to remove these bushes from his family graves.
- Kevin broke his radio and it is going to be approximately $200.00 to repair it. The Trustees approved this repair.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief presented his report. There were no items requiring the Trustee’s approval.
- The clerk explained that Workers’ Comp will be billed monthly beginning in January 2017. The first payment is due January 3rd and there is not sufficient funds to make this payment by the end of the year.
A RESOLUTION TO REALLOCATE $1350.00 FROM INSURANCE PREMIUMS (HEALTH INS) 2111-220-381-0005 TO WORKERS’ COMP 2111-220-230-0000 TO PAY WORKER’S COMP BILL IN DECEMBER. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-85.
- Coughlin Ford sent another bill for $100. for the diagnostics on the 2017 Ford. Mr. DeFelice will call them since they told him previously it was covered under the warranty.
- The sale of the 2003 Chevy will be tabled until early in 2017.
- The Township will need to respond to the Pickaway County Engineer’s office by March 17, 2017 if we want to be part of the 2017 County Resurfacing Program.
- The clerk asked the Trustees if they wanted to vote for two candidates for the OTARMA Board of Directors. The Trustees chose not to send in a ballot since they don’t know any of the candidates.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
November 15, 2016 Regular Meeting: Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of November 15, 2016 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Motion carried. Mr. Clark abstained from voting as he was absent on November 15, 2017.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-86.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the December 6, 2016 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:35pm.