HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES MEETING
February 17, 2015
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Keith Peters called the Trustee Regular Meeting of February 17, 2015 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Keith Peters, Trustee Doug Clark, Trustee Paul Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Doug Czako, Elisa Branham and JP Elliott were also present.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
- Joe reported that the conditional use application for Unlimited Concrete Solutions was approved by the Appeals Board.
- Joe stated that he was concerned because there were only three voting members at the appeals board meeting. He asked if a board member who was unable to be present, could listen to the meeting by telephone and cast a vote. He will try to find out from legal counsel.
- Mr. Peters mentioned that there are many potholes in the roads. He will contact Roese Bros. Paving about the repair they did last fall that needs to be looked at. Kevin is planning to patch several holes.
- Kevin called around for new truck prices. The Trustees asked Kevin to put hardwood in the bed of the roads truck and continue using it. Mr. Clark made a motion to repair the driver’s seat in the 2003 Chevy for the estimate received for $300.00 from J B Upholstery. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion and all three Trustees voted yes to pass the motion to repair the seat.
- Kevin will get the parts for the mowers and weed eaters at JD Equipment.
- The grave belonging to the Harber family at the cemetery had a large sink hole, which has been filled in.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Fire Chief went over the attached Chief’s report. There were no items requiring approval of the Trustees.
- We have received the 2015 Fire Contract from Madison Township.
- Ryan Scribner from P3 was unable to attend tonight’s meeting, but will be here March 3rd.
- Mr. Peters spoke with Jeff Farthing, President of the The Savings Bank about the township checking accounts. The Trustees discussed when would be a good time to meet with Mr. Farthing.
A RESOLUTION TO CHANGE OUR CHECKING ACCOUNTS FROM VINTON COUNTY NATIONAL BANK TO THE SAVINGS BANK. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R15-12.
Mr. Peters will call to set up an appointment for the Trustees and Fiscal Officer to meet with Mr. Farthing next week.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
February 3, 2015 Regular meeting: Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Peters seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of February 3, 2015 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Motion carried. Mr. Welsh abstained from voting as he was not present for the February 3rd meeting.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
- The Village of South Bloomfield requested a signed copy of Resolution 2014-46 that was passed on June 3, 2014. The Trustees and the Fiscal Officer signed a copy of this resolution.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R15-13.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the February 17, 2015 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:25pm.