HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
January 17, 2017
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Bill Welsh called the Regular Trustee Meeting of January 17, 2017 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Doug Clark, Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Doug Czako and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Resident Walt Hardbarger arrived after the meeting had started.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Walt Hardbarger addressed the issue of water on his property. He claims to have water backing up because his neighbor graded the lot next door. Mr. DeFelice explained that as long as the directional flow of water was not changed there is no violation. The water is still flowing towards the 4” tile.
- Doug issued a zoning violation regarding sign permits to National Lime & Stone and 2nd Notices to Robert Duffy and AEP for Off-Street Parking Requirements.
- Doug also presented the first draft of the Right-of-Way Application. The Trustees answered some questions and made suggestions for minor changes to the application. Doug will make the changes. Mr. Mr. DeFelice moved that the Right-of-Way Application be accepted with the changes. Mr. Clark seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve the motion.
- Mr. DeFelice asked Doug to call the company that is putting up the internet signs in the ditches and ask them to remove them.
- Kevin will be out of town on January 28th. Kevin asked for vacation from April 28 through May 8. Mr. Clark moved to approve this vacation time and Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion. The Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve this vacation.
- Mr. DeFelice asked if Kevin was aware of any township roads that needed to be resurfaced. He stated the roads are looking pretty good.
- Mr. DeFelice reminded Kevin to keep paperwork on the new tools purchased with the BWC grant.
- Mr. Welsh gave Kevin a copy of the new Employee Handbook and asked him to read through it and sign the policy statements before the next meeting.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- Chad and Shawn will fly to Nebraska for the “pre-paint” inspection of the new fire engine on Jan 31-Feb 1 at the expense Spartan Motors.
- There was much discussion about fire inspections and the possibility of charging for them. No decisions were made on this matter.
OTHER BUSINESS: None
ACTION ON MINUTES:
January 3, 2017 Organizational meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Clark seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the organizational meeting of January 3, 2017 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
January 3, 2017 Regular meeting: Mr. Clark moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of January 3, 2017 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R17-06.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion to adjourn the January 17, 2017 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:10pm.