HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
January 19, 2016
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Doug Clark called the Regular Trustee Meeting of January 19, 2016 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Doug Clark, Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Doug Czako and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Nate Green and Dave Robinson from the Montrose Group, Rick Trott and Nick Paraskos from CBRE and Robert Gude and Brent Miles from NorthPoint Development were also present.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Nate Green introduced the visitors who were present to meet the Trustees and share their plans to build large warehouses in the Rickenbacker area in the northern township. Robert Gude and Brent Miles shared the drawings for the planned buildings to be located south of Airbase Road between Lockbourne Eastern Road and State Route 752.
- Doug had no zoning items to discuss.
- The overhead doors for the roads building at the cemetery have been repaired and are staying closed.
- Mr. DeFelice is working to get a safety grant for the cemetery from the Bureau of Workers’ Comp.
- Kevin brought the John Deere Road Mower back from OPI. They cautioned him that if we were to purchase a new lift beam and find the part it attaches to is bent or warped in any way, it would not fit. Therefore Kevin suggested we just use it like it is as long as we can.
A RESOLUTION TO RESCIND RESOLUTION 16-02 DATED JANUARY 5, 2016 TO PURCHASE A NEW LIFT BEAM AND PIN FOR THE JOHN DEERE ROAD MOWER FOR $2555.10 PLUS SHIPPING FROM THE DEXTER COMPANY, TO BE PAID FROM ROADS REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE 2031-330-323-0000. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted to rescind Resolution 16-02: Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes; Mr. Clark, yes. Resolution 16-06 was approved.
- The red dump truck that is used at the cemetery and on the roads has been towed to Duke’s garage because the transmission is not working. Duke’s can’t give us an estimate until they tear the transmission apart. The Trustees agreed that the transmission needs to be fixed. There will also be a towing bill from Fletcher’s Towing.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE TRANSMISSION REPAIR FOR THE 1988 GMC TRUCK, UP TO $3000.00, TO BE PAID HALF FROM ROADS REPAIRS & MAINTENANCE AND HALF FROM CEMETERY REPAIRS & MAINTENANCE. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-07.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief is meeting with a new Medical Director from Grant Hospital for the Fire Department. Nothing has been decided yet.
- The Chief presented the estimates for installing the block wall inside the fire station. The Trustees asked if the wall could be a little higher than ten feet and also the possibility of getting a pass-thru window. The Chief will check on these items. The Trustees agreed to pay half of the estimate to Chris Henry so that he could purchase the materials needed for the job.
- The Chief also had estimates for the additional security lighting for the exterior of the building and the parking lot. The Trustees also asked him to check on a couple issues with these estimates.
- The Chief shared his concern about these huge buildings being built and the extra time it takes his department for inspections and the extra runs and yet we are not receiving any additional tax revenue from these buildings.
- Mr. DeFelice stated that he had met with Lance from the County Engineering Department and checked out the township roads that need repair. He will get prices for the projects and then the Trustees can decide what they want to add to the County road project for this year.
- Cemetery Fees: Mr. Clark is going to get prices for surrounding cemeteries.
Zoning Fees: The Trustees discussed the zoning fees which have not been increased for many years. The Clerk will post the new rates on the website and notify the zoning inspector.
A RESOLUTION TO CHANGE THE ZONING FEES TO THE ATTACHED ZONING FEE SCHEDULE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-08.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
January 5, 2016 Organizational meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the organizational meeting of January 5, 2016 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
January 5, 2016 Regular meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of January 5, 2016 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE FORM OF AMENDED 457 PLAN AND TRUST EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2016, PRESENTED TO THIS MEETING, AND TO AUTHORIZE THE FISCAL OFFICER AS A REPRESENTATIVE OF THE EMPLOYER AND DIRECTE HER TO EXECUTE AND DELIVER TO THE ADMINISTRATOR OF THE PLAN ONE OF MORE COUNTERPARTS OF THE PLAN. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-09.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE PARTICIPANT LOAN POLICY FOR THOSE FIREFIGHTERS ENROLLED IN THE 457 PLAN. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-10.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE 2016 TEMPORARY APPROPRIATIONS AS THE 2016 PERMANENT APPROPRIATIONS. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-11.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-12.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the January 19, 2016 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:55pm.