HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES MEETING
January 20, 2015
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Keith Peters called the Trustee Regular Meeting of January 20, 2015 to order at 7:00pm. Attending were Trustee Keith Peters, Trustee Doug Clark, Trustee Paul Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Resident John Elliott was also present.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
- The Zoning Appeals Board denied Martin’s appeal and Joe issued a second notice of violation. If they still have someone living over the garage after thirty days, it will be turned over to the Prosecutor’s Office.
- Joe stopped to talk with Shumaker Homes on US 23. They have a planned layout for a new building that is thirty feet different than their plan approved in 2004. He told them if they want to build where they have it laid out, they will have to submit a new plan.
- Kevin will take the 2003 Chevy truck to CCI for a quote on the needed work.
- Big Sky came down and fixed the antifreeze leak on the snow plow.
- The John Deere 5510 Road Mower needs to have the oil pan replaced. L.A.B Technical Services will repair it for approximately $1000.00 and he will also adjust the clutch. The Trustees discussed this and all voted to approve the repair. Kevin will go to John Deere and purchase the parts for this repair.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- All paperwork is complete and the new fulltime firefighters will start on January 25, 2015.
- The Chief has spoken to three different architects about ideas for expanding the living quarters for the firefighters. He was not sure if he needed to have the architects submit bids before hiring. The Trustees asked the Chief to check with the Prosecutor’s office for clarification.
OTHER BUSINESS: None
ACTION ON MINUTES:
January 6, 2015 Annual Organizational Meeting and Regular meeting: Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of January 6, 2015 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R15-05.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the January 20, 2015 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:20pm.