HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES MEETING
January 21, 2014
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Paul Welsh called the Regular Trustee Meeting of January 21, 2014 to order at 7:00pm. Attending were Trustee Doug Clark, Trustee Keith Peters, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Resident Doug Czako was also present.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Doug Czako said he was just here to observe the meeting.
- Joe issued a zoning violation to Schumacher Homes for several signs that are in violation of our zoning resolution.
- There has been no news from the Prosecutor’s office regarding the zoning violations against the Burdak or Bailey properties.
- The Zoning Commission held the hearing regarding the Younkin property signage. Because there were still questions, the committee voted to continue the hearing on January 27, 2014.
- Kevin showed the Trustees the plumbing problem in the township house.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
The Chief presented his report. There were no items that required action by the Trustees.
- Joe DeFelice was appointed and sworn in as the Harrison Township Zoning Inspector for the term of office beginning on 04/15/2014 and ending on 04/15/2018.
- John Horsely was appointed and sworn in as the Harrison Township Cemetery Sexton for the term of office beginning 05/01/2014 and ending 05/01/2018.
- Mr. Welsh reported on his visit to Caravan Mobile Home regarding their water problem. They said they haven’t had it cleaned out for about ten years and were planning to.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
January 7, 2014 Regular meeting: Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Peters seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of January 7, 2014 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Peters seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R14-05.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Peters seconded the motion to adjourn the January 21, 2014 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:35pm.