HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
January 22, 2019
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Mike Freeman called the Regular Trustee Meeting of January 22, 2019 to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Mike Freeman, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Assistant Fiscal Officer Lindsay Mayse, Zoning Inspector Dale Hoover and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Andrew and Lois Starcher were also present. Fire Chief Chad Noggle was absent due to a fire in Circleville.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Dr. Freeman explained to Andrew Starcher that the Township would not pay for the damaged rims on his car because: 1) there was no police report, 2) the Township was never notified of the pothole and once they were, it was patched in a timely manner and 3) because the pothole was on the white edge line, so if the car was in the lane, it wouldn’t have hit it.
- Dale reported that the Appeals Board held a hearing for Greenlawn Sales and approved up to 125 trailers on their property.
- Mr. DeFelice checked into carports and the estimate Darryl got is a good price. We need to check the height needed before we order it.
- Mr. DeFelice explained to Kevin why he lost his excess carryover vacation.
- Kevin was told he is to be fiscally responsible for his time at work. Mr. DeFelice discussed incidents in the last two weeks. One was where Kevin was directing traffic for the cable company for an accident that occurred in Madison Township. Another was calling him to find out how the roads were, and then doing the exact opposite of what he was told to do and also accruing overtime for non-emergency hours.
- Mr. Welsh asked Kevin if he has the inventory in the computer and is learning how to enter the information.
- Dr. Freeman asked Kevin how his knee is healing and if he is able to perform all of his job duties or if he has restrictions. Kevin answered that he has no restrictions and is able to perform all duties.
- Mr. Welsh explained 6.10 in the Employee Handbook where it explains standing orders. Any order given by the Trustees whether listed in the job description or not, becomes a standing order and is to be followed as if it is written in the job description.
- Kevin ordered a spare new snow blade for the Ford 550.
- Kevin will not be available to work on Saturday, January 26 from 2pm until Sunday at 10am.
- The Road Mower is going to need four new tires this year.
- Dr. Freeman met with Mrs. Dudley regarding her son’s headstone. There is a scratch on his picture. Dr. Freeman will see what can be done to repair it and also explained that she cannot plant bushes to replace two bushes that were removed.
- Dr. Freeman spoke to John Horsley and told him the Trustees want him to train Darryl Ward in the job of Cemetery Sexton so that the Township has a backup person if ever needed.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief will have recommendations for the full-time firefighters to be hired at the meeting on February 5, 2019.
- The Chief is implementing an orientation program for newly hired employees.
- Part-time Firefighter Kenneth Bidlack has resigned but wants to remain as a reserve firefighter. Mr. Welsh moved that no additional reserve firefighters are needed, as we already have six. Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- Mr. DeFelice and Mr. Welsh have completed their Sunshine Law training.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
January 8, 2019 Regular Meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of January 8, 2019 and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R19-06.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion to adjourn the January 22, 2019 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting adjourned at 8:30pm.