January 3, 2017
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
January 3, 2017
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Bill Welsh called the Regular Trustee Meeting of January 3, 2017 to order at 7:10pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Doug Clark, Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, and Zoning Inspector Doug Czako. Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse was absent. Resident Penelope Shires and Todd Cunningham from NorthPoint were also present.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Penelope Shires asked about the property at 14140 Ashville Pike. She asked what was going to be done with the property, and wanted to know if the zoning classification had changed. The Zoning Inspector stated he has not received any type of application regarding this property. DeFelice explained that if a change of zoning application is received, every property owner within 500 feet of the property requesting the change will receive a notice of the public hearing.
- Todd Cunningham was present to answer questions regarding NorthPoint. DeFelice explained that he had asked Nate Green to attend to explain some of the differences in the drawings, but after speaking with our legal counsel, he called Nate back and told him there was no need for him to attend. The Trustees had no questions for Mr. Cunningham.
- The Trustees made Doug aware that any member of either zoning board cannot vote on an issue brought before the board if they live within 500 feet of the property or the zoning issue has any effect on the board member or board member’s family.
- Mr. DeFelice asked about the Right of Way application. Doug said it has not been completed.
- Mr. DeFelice stated that there is a need for alternates for the Zoning Commission and the Zoning Appeals Board and asked for recommendations.
A RESOLUTION TO HAVE THE PROSECUTOR’S OFFICE PROCEED WITH THE ZONING VIOLATION AGAINST SANDRA/TAMARA BLACKBURN, 11146 BULEN PIERCE ROAD, LOCKBOURNE, OH 43137. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R 17-02.
ROAD/CEMETERY SUPERINTENDENT: None
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The department had more runs in 2016 than any previous year. Mr. DeFelice attended the County Commissioner’s meeting today regarding the request for funds for Harrison Township from the building fees paid to the county from the huge buildings being built in Harrison Township. There will not be any funds shared with the township from the building fees. The Commissioners may share a portion of the material tax abatement fee, but didn’t say how much that would be.
- There was a discussion on the possibility of charging for new building fire inspections.
- The clerk had the 2016 fire revenue totals and expenses. There was some discussion regarding the fire contract amounts. The receipts from Walnut Township were over $68,000 less than in 2015 and Madison Township’s second half of their contract fee ($44,965) was not received until January 3, 2017.
A RESOLUTION TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT WITH WALNUT TOWNSHIP, PICKAWAY COUNTY, OHIO TO FURNISH FIRE AND EMERGENCY PROTECTION TO WALNUT TOWNSHIP AND THE INHABITANTS THEREOF FOR THE CALENDAR YEAR 2017. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R17-03.
A RESOLUTION TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT WITH MADISON TOWNSHIP, PICKAWAY COUNTY, OHIO TO FURNISH FIRE AND EMERGENCY PROTECTION TO MADISON TOWNSHIP AND THE INHABITANTS THEREOF FOR THE CALENDAR YEAR 2017. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R17-04.
- The clerk asked if any Trustees were planning to attend the Commissioners’ Leadership Prayer Breakfast on January 17. No one is planning to attend.
- The Employee Handbook was discussed and corrected. The handbooks will be printed to give to employees at the next meeting.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
December 20, 2016 Regular meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Clark seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of December 20, 2016 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
December 30, 2016 Special meeting: Mr. Clark moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the special meeting of December 30, 2016 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE INTERFUND TRANSFER OF $25,000.00 FROM THE GENERAL FUND TO THE CEMETERY FUND FOR CEMETERY EXPENSES FOR 2017. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R17-05.
There were no bills to approve.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the January 3, 2017 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:10pm.