January 5, 2016
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
January 5, 2016
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Doug Clark called the Regular Trustee Meeting of January 5, 2016 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Doug Clark, Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Doug Czako and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
- Doug had nothing to discuss.
- Mr. DeFelice advised Doug when there is a change of zoning application to tell the applicant that ten copies are needed so he will have them for zoning members and the Trustees.
- Kevin asked for January 8, 23, 30 and 31 off. The Trustees approved those days off if the cemetery and snow plowing is covered.
- There are problems with the overhead doors opening on the snow plow building. D & K Doors has provided an estimate for $120.00 for a new remote unit. Mr. DeFelice made a motion to have D & K Overhead Doors install a new remote switch for $120.00 if there are not switches in the current remote to fix the problem. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three yes votes.
- Mr. DeFelice stated that he had looked at the catch basin on Bulen Pierce Road and the pipes were open. A block has been knocked off the top that can be replaced in the spring.
- Mr. DeFelice offered Julie Erwin $10.00 to replace her mailbox post, but she declined the offer.
- Mr. DeFelice received a call from Tim Elswick of 3639 Miller Road about parts of the asphalt on Miller Road coming up. Those areas have been patched by Roese Bros. Paving but the patches are poor quality. Mr. DeFelice called Roese Bros. and was told they would be patched with asphalt in the spring.
- Kevin had estimates for fixing the lift beam on the John Deere Road Mower from OPI and The Dexter Company. After some discussion, the Trustees decided to order the new lift beam for the road mower from Dexter.
A RESOLUTION TO ACCEPT THE QUOTE FROM THE DEXTER COMPANY FOR THE NEW LIFT BEAM AND PIN FOR THE JOHN DEERE ROAD MOWER FOR $2555.10 PLUS SHIPPING TO BE PAID FROM ROADS REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE 2031-330-323-0000. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-02.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief presented two names for part-time rotation fire-fighters to begin on January 10th.
A RESOLUTION TO HIRE TRAVIS BAISDEN AS A PART-TIME ROTATION FIREFIGTER/MEDIC TO BE PAID $12.00 PER HOUR BEGINNING JANUARY 10, 2016. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-03.
A RESOLUTION TO HIRE BENJAMIN DANZIG AS A PART-TIME ROTATION FIREFIGTER/MEDIC TO BE PAID $12.00 PER HOUR BEGINNING JANUARY 10, 2016. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-04.
- ADT Security will be installing outside cameras on the fire station and two monitors inside. The cost of the equipment, installation and two year warranty is $1800.00. The Trustees agreed that this was a needed security addition.
- The Chief is also getting estimates for better lighting around the exterior of the fire station.
- The Chief presented the Fire Department End of the Year Report. There were 1923 total runs in 2015, a new record with 1629 EMS calls and 294 Fire and Rescue calls.
- The Chief and the Trustees discussed whether or not a paramedic incentive program was needed and after some discussion it was decided that this program is not necessary at this time.
- Mr. DeFelice will call Gary about the possibility of getting a BWC safety grant for the Roads/Cemetery.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
December 15, 2015 Regular meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Clark seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of December 15, 2015 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Motion carried. Mr. Welsh abstained from voting as he was not a Trustee in December.
December 31, 2015 Special meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Clark seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the special meeting of December 31, 2015 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Motion carried. Mr. Welsh abstained from voting as he was not a Trustee in December.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-05.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the January 5, 2016 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:05pm.