June 16, 2015
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
June 16, 2015
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Vice Chairman Doug Clark called the Regular Trustee Meeting of June 16, 2015 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Doug Clark, Trustee Paul Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Trustee Keith Peters was absent.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
- Verizon has put the cell tower installation on hold.
- Duke filled out zoning application certificates for two 400,000 square foot buildings. Joe had drawings of both buildings.
- Joe also had preliminary drawings for a gravel barge that Shelly wants to build at SR 23 and Weigand Road. They have to file for a conditional use permit through the zoning appeals board.
- The water leaks at the cemetery have been repaired.
- A tree fell down over the weekend and was removed by Williams Tree Service.
- The Red Dump Truck needs to be repaired. Kevin will get estimates.
- Shawn Rawlins submitted an estimate to replace a footer for the grave of Daniels and Hickman for $480.00. Mr. Welsh moved to accept this estimate and Mr. Clark seconded the motion. Motion approved.
- Joey Clark has passed his CDL license.
A RESOLUTION TO HIRE JOSEPH CLARK TO DRIVE THE SNOW PLOW WHEN NEEDED FOR $20.00 PER HOUR. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R15-41.
- There is a discrepancy in the quoted amount and billed amount from Pritchard Electric. Mr. Clark will call Scott Pritchard for clarification.
- Kevin asked to have some time off each day to attend the fair. The Trustees agreed and this time off will be charged to Kevin’s comp time.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief presented the attached Chief’s report.
- Muhlenberg Township sent a check for $25.00 for the Fire Department’s participation in their Memorial Day parade. The Trustees asked the clerk to give that check to the Fire Association as usual.
- OTARMA has given the Fire Department grants for the last three years for safety equipment and would like to take a picture for their magazine. The Trustees approved this and the clerk will have OTARMA call the Fire Chief to make arrangements for a picture.
- Mr. Clark stated he has not received an answer regarding making Bulen Pierce a “No Passing” zone.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
June 2, 2015 Regular meeting: Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of June 2, 2015 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R15-42.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the June 16, 2015 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:40pm.