HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
June 17, 2020
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Bill Welsh called the Regular Trustee Meeting of June 17, 2020 to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 8:00am at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Mike Freeman, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer Lindsay Mayse, Assistant Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Chad Noggle, Zoning Inspector Dale Hoover, Cemetery Sexton/Superintendent Darryl Ward and Road Superintendent Jared Conner.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
- Dale reported that he received a room addition permit for 10936 Dennis Road.
- Jared reported that the ditch line on Bulen Pierce (North of State Route 762 on the Westside) is losing dirt and will possibly lose road if not fixed. He stated that they are working with the county for a solution.
CEMETERY SEXTON/SUPERINTENDENT: No report
- Chief Noggle presented a verbal resignation for Chance Diehl resigning effective June 15, 2020. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded to accept the resignation of Chance Diehl. The Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- Chief Noggle reported Engine 801 has returned from Ohio Cat, but may need a turbo repair resulting in a cost of $12,000-$14,000.
- Chief Noggle stated that 2 of the 4 part-time firefighters accepted a position elsewhere.
A RESOLUTION TO RESCIND RESOLUTION 20-58 TO HIRE BENJAMIN CANNIFF AS A PART-TIME FIREFIGHTER AND EMT ON JUNE 22, 2020 W-ITH A STARTING WAGE OF $10.00 PER HOUR. Mr. Welsh moved, Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R20-63.
A RESOLUTION TO RESCIND RESOLUTION 20-59 TO HIRE THOMAS NUTTER AS A PART-TIME FIREFIGHTER AND EMT ON JUNE 22, 2020 WITH A STARTING WAGE OF $10.00 PER HOUR. Mr. Welsh moved, Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R20-64.
OTHER BUSINESS: None
ACTION ON MINUTES:
June 3, 2020 Regular Meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Dr. Freeman seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of June 3, 2020 and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Dr. Freeman moved, Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R20-65.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion to adjourn the June 17, 2020 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting adjourned at 9:05 am.