June 2, 2015
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
June 2, 2015
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Vice Chairman Doug Clark called the Trustee Regular Meeting of June 2, 2015 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Doug Clark, Trustee Paul Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Trustee Keith Peters was absent.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
- Cory from Verizon called Joe and stated they will be following the Harrison Township Zoning Regulations for the installation of a cell tower at Duvall Road and Lockbourne Eastern Road.
- Pandora Grain still has not swept Duvall Road. We need to find out if Mr. Peters contacted them.
- Kevin hit a window A/C unit that put the road mower out of service. The parts should be in soon.
- Kevin presented two estimates to repair the broken electrical wire for the light to the cemetery flag pole. The Trustees asked Kevin to look into a solar light for the flag pole and until it is installed, he will have to take the flag down daily.
- Kevin asked for Fridays, June 5 and June 19th off as vacation days. The Trustees agree to this time off as long as any burials are taken care of.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief presented the attached Chief’s report.
- Muhlenberg Township Trustees have submitted a request for a new five year contract for Fire/EMS coverage in the same parts of Muhlenberg Township that are now covered by Harrison Township.
A RESOLUTION TO ENTER INTO A FIVE YEAR CONTRACT WITH MUHLENBERG TOWNSHIP, PICKAWAY COUNTY, OHIO TO FURNISH FIRE AND EMERGENCY PROTECTION TO THE AGREED UPON AREAS OF MUHLENBERG TOWNSHIP AND THE INHABITANTS THEREOF FOR THE CALENDAR YEARS 2016 THROUGH 2020 FOR THE AMOUNT OF $50,000.00 PER YEAR. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R15-39.
- Mr. Clark stated he has not received an answer regarding making Bulen Pierce a “No Passing” zone.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
May 19, 2015 Regular meeting: Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of May 19, 2015 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R15-40.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the June 2, 2015 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:20pm.