HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES MEETING
June 4, 2013
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Keith Peters called the Regular Trustee Meeting of June 4, 2013 to order at 7:00pm at the Township Hall, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Paul Welsh, Trustee Doug Clark, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice, Fire Chief Eric Edgington and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Will Cline from Sam’s Excavating and residents Randy Arledge, Frank & Kendra Miles, Todd Nace and Luke Nace were also present.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Frank Miles asked what has been decided about the catch basin on Lockbourne Eastern Road North. Will Cline said the problem is not the catch basin, but the ditch has been filled in with dirt and needs to be re-graded. Mr. Peters said the county engineers are coming out to look at it and he will call the Department of Soil and Water and the Madison Township Trustees.
- Luke Nace from Boy Scout Troop 159 presented his Eagle Scout Proposal to build an outdoor wood bench as a memorial for former troop Scout Master, Tom Leach, in the Ashville Cemetery on Viking Way. He will also clean debris from the cemetery and plant new flowers around the base of the cross. Mr. Peters signed the paperwork for Luke.
A RESOLUTION TO ALLOW LUKE NACE TO PLACE AN OUTDOOR WOOD BENCH IN MEMORY OF TOM LEACH IN THE ASHVILLE CEMETERY ON VIKING WAY AND TO PLANT FLOWERS AT THE BASE OF THE CROSS. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-52.
- Joe reported on the two zoning violations that have been issued. The animals have been removed from the Hoover Road property. The property owners on Bulen-Pierce have not yet applied for a zoning change but they have until June 11 to do so.
- The road mower has been repaired and returned but the air conditioner is not working.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- He will have extra man hours to cover the six days of the Ashville 4th of July celebration.
- The Chief’s sick time was discussed. He gets four hours per pay, the firefighters get 10 hours per pay. The Trustees discussed this and agreed to increase the Chief’s sick time.
A RESOLUTION TO INCREASE THE FIRE CHIEF’S SICK TIME EARNED TO SIX HOURS PER PAY AS OF JULY 1, 2013. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-53.
- The bids for the cemetery building roof were discussed. The shingles in B & B Construction’s bid are for 30 year shingles vs. the ones used by Gloyd’s which have a lifetime warranty. Dick Gloyd said he would match the other bid for $5700.00.
A RESOLUTION TO HIRE GLOYD’S HOME IMPROVEMENTS TO REPLACE THE DAMAGED ROOF AT THE CEMETERY FOR A TOTAL OF $5700.00 TO BE PAID FROM THE FEMA MONEY AND THE REMAINDER FROM THE CEMETERY FUND. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-54.
A RESOLUTION TO TRANSFER THE FEMA FUND $4124.00 TO THE CEMETERY FUND TO PAY FOR THE ROOF DAMAGED IN THE WIND STORM. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-55.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATION FROM THE CEMETERY FUND TO 2041-410-323-0000 CEMETERY REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE IN THE AMOUNT OF $5700.00 TO PAY FOR THE ROOF DAMAGED IN THE WIND STORM. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-56.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
May 21, 2013 Regular meeting: Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of May 21, 2013 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Mr. Peters abstained from voting as he was absent from the last meeting. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-57.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the June 4, 2013 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:50pm.