June 6, 2017
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
June 6, 2017
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Vice-Chairman Joe DeFelice called the Regular Trustee Meeting of June 6, 2017 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Doug Clark, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Zoning Inspector Dale Hoover and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Trustee Bill Welsh and Fire Chief Eric Edgington were absent. Visitors Kristen Easterday and Lucas Welsh were present.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Kristen Easterday, Director of Government Affairs for the Columbus Regional Airport Authority addressed the Trustees and explained that she is the liaison between the Airport Authority and the surrounding communities. She shared information with the Trustees and asked for suggestions for the Economic Impact Study that they will be compiling. Mr. DeFelice expressed some of the concerns for the Township regarding the development of the Rickenbacker area, and asked for help getting truck signage directing trucks from Route 23 to S R 762 to keep them off of the township roads.
- Lucas Welsh was present to inquire about part-time work at the cemetery. The Clerk will get the required forms for him to fill out and the Trustees asked him to return for the June 20 meeting.
- The Appeals Board will meet on June 12th at 7pm to address the appeal of the zoning violation from Carl and Davina Martin.
- The Public Hearing for Jones Fuel Rezoning at 23 & 762 will be held June 27 at 6pm.
- Kevin asked for a half day of vacation on July 14th and all day on July 17th. The Trustees approved this time off.
- Kevin checked on the price for cylinders for the backhoe. They are $3952.00 each for new. He can have them repaired for $75.00/hour at First Hydraulics in Kingston. There are three cylinders that need to be repaired.
A RESOLUTION TO HAVE FIRST HYDRAULICS REPAIR THE THREE BACKHOE CYLINDERS WITH THE COST NOT TO EXCEED $2000.00. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R17-38.
- Speedway has replaced their gas credit card with a MasterCard. The Trustees asked the clerk to notify Speedway that these cards will be used for gas purchases only and instructed Kevin that these cards are to be used at Speedway and Marathon stations only to avoid being charged a $2.00 per transaction service charge.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Firefighters will be constructing a patio cover for the back patio area. They cannot attach it to the building or change the building roof line according to Bill Toole.
- The new Fire Engine has been put into service.
- The Trustees approved the information and layout for the new sign for the township building.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
May 16, 2017 Regular Meeting: Minutes will be approved at the June 20th meeting, when Trustee Welsh is present.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R17-39.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion to adjourn the June 6, 2017 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:48pm.