HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES MEETING
March 18, 2014
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Paul Welsh called the Regular Trustee Meeting of March 18, 2014 to order at 7:00pm. Attending were Trustee Keith Peters, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Trustee Doug Clark was absent. Also present were Firefighters Zack Hall and Jonathan Schmidt and residents Doug Czako and Randy Arledge.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Doug Czako stated he was present to turn in his paperwork for payroll as a zoning commission member.
- Randy Arledge returned his signed property easement for the ditch project.
- Joe shared his disappointment that nothing has been done by the Prosecutor’s office regarding the zoning violations for the Bailey property or the Burdak property. Joe called them today and again asked that these matters be addressed.
- He will be patching Bulen Pierce tomorrow.
- There is a need for new trash baskets at the cemetery. The wire baskets are six for $124.00. The Trustees approved this purchase and asked Kevin to order them.
- We have received a quote from Roese Brother’s Paving to repair Shepherd Road in front of Caravan Village Mobile Home Park, but they need to repair their drainage problem first.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO ACCEPT THE NEW CONTRACT WITH THE INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF FIREFIGHTERS LOCAL 3896 EFFECTIVE JUNE 1, 2014 THROUGH MAY 31, 2017. Mr. Peters moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R14-24.
- The Trustees and the Firefighters signed the new Firefighter’s Union Contract.
- The Chief presented his report. He also addressed the 911 discussions that are going on within the county.
- The Chief asked to go into executive session to discuss a personnel matter.
At 7:25pm Mr. Peters made a motion to go into executive session. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to enter into executive session.
At 7:30 Mr. Peters made a motion to leave executive session. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to leave executive session.
OTHER BUSINESS: None
ACTION ON MINUTES:
March 4, 2014 Regular meeting: Mr. Peters moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of March 4, 2014 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
MaryAnn will not be present for the April 15th meeting. The Trustees decided to cancel this meeting and will have her post notices and notify the newspaper. The Trustees will meet on April 1 and the next meeting will be May 6, 2014.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Peters moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R14-25.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Peters moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the March 18, 2014 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:40pm.