March 24, 2015
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES MEETING
March 24, 2015
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Keith Peters called the Trustee Regular Meeting of March 24, 2015 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Keith Peters, Trustee Paul Welsh, Trustee Doug Clark, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington and Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice. JP Elliott was also present. Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse was absent.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
- Joe is still working on the Danny Bailey case. Mr. Bailey now has skids in his front yard.
- Joe had a new official zoning map which was signed by all three Trustees and the Fiscal Officer.
- The clerk stated that Kevin reported the time clock used for the road and cemetery employees is no longer working. A replacement is available from Staples for $175.00 plus tax. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the purchase of a new time clock. All were in favor. Motion carried.
- Kevin sent a list of requested days off. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded the motion to allow this time off as long as any work at the cemetery is covered. All were in favor. Motion carried.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- Pat Davidson rolled his ankle getting out of the truck and has filed a BWC claim.
- The Chief presented the first drawing from the architect which would alleviate the overcrowding and safety issues at the fire station. There was no estimate as to the cost of this plan yet.
- Mr Peters discussed the proposed increase in funding to the county health department. Our share would be approximately $1000.00 annually.
- Mr. Peters asked the county for bid amounts for Bulen Pierce to SR 752 and Shepherd Road.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
March 3, 2015 Regular meeting: Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Peters seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of March 3, 2015 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Motion carried. Mr. Clark abstained from voting as he was not present for the March 3rd meeting.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
- The Trustees declined the “Opt-In” Form to allow Over-the-Limit Transactions on the new Savings Bank credit cards.
- The Trustees agreed to the OPEC Funding Plan Renewal and the clerk and Mr. Peters singed the agreement. Mr. Welsh witnessed the signatures.
A RESOLUTION TO MAKE AN INTERFUND TRANSFER OF $105,000.00 FROM THE FIRE FUND 2111-910-910-0000 TO GENERAL (BOND) (NOTE) RETIREMENT FUND 3101-931-0000 TO PAY THE ENGINE AND MEDIC LOANS PRINCIPAL AND INTEREST PAYMENTS. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R15-20.
A RESOLUTION TO TRANSFER $250,000.00 FROM THE EMS CHECKING ACCOUNT AT VINTON COUNTY NATIONAL BANK TO THE PRIMARY CHECKING ACCOUNT AT THE SAVINGS BANK. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R15-21. A check was signed by the Fiscal Officer, Mr. Clark and Mr. Welsh.
A RESOLUTION TO TRANSFER $1,000,000.00 FROM THE MONEY MARKET CHECKING ACCOUNT AT KINSTON NATIONAL BANK TO THE PRIMARY CHECKING ACCOUNT AT THE SAVINGS BANK. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R15-22. A check was signed by the Fiscal Officer, Mr. Clark and Mr. Peters.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Peters seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R15-23.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the March 24, 2015 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:45pm.