HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
March 4, 2020
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Bill Welsh called the Regular Trustee Meeting of March 4, 2020 to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 8:00am at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Assistant Fiscal Officer Lindsay Mayse, Fire Chief Chad Noggle, Zoning Inspector Dale Hoover, Cemetery Sexton/Superintendent Darryl Ward and Road Superintendent Jared Conner. Deputy Gabe Carpenter was also present. Trustee Mike Freeman was absent.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Deputy Carpenter reported that there will be patrolling and enforcement regarding the new “no thru truck” signs on Lockbourne Eastern Road, North of Duvall and South of Airbase Road.
ZONING INSPECTOR: None
- Jared reported that the “no thru truck” signs have been placed and he contacted Deputy Carpenter to communicate for enforcement.
- DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded to approve Jared Conner time off for March 17th. The Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve the motion.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE HARRISON TOWNSHIP IN PARTICIPATING IN THE COUNTY WIDE ROAD REPAIR PROGRAM AND A PURCHASE ORDER TO THE PICKAWAY COUNTY ENGINEER’S FOR SIXTY-ONE THOUSAND, THREE-HUNDRED AND NINETY-SEVEN DOLLARS AND NO CENTS ($61,397.00). Mr. DeFelice moved, Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve R20-27.
- Carl Finley from Pickaway County Genealogy requested a computerized cemetery report. The Trustees stated that the report can be furnished once the data has all been entered in the cemetery program. There will be a charge for printing the report which will be decided at that time.
- The cemetery burials have been entered from the burial permits back to 1960. MaryAnn asked if the remaining burials should be entered in the cemetery program from the burial cards. The Trustees decided that this data should be entered and it was approved that MaryAnn will complete these in her position as Assistant Fiscal Officer.
- Darryl submitted a list of items that he would like to be considered for the 2021 budget.
- The Chief made the recommendation of removing Full-Time Firefighters Jeremy Lust and Philip Engler from probation. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded to approve removing Full-Time Firefighters Jeremy Lust and Philip Engler from probation. The Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- An update was reported by Chief Noggle on the 2011 Medic that is being re-chassied. It should be back by mid to late May.
- The Chief reported that he has a recommendation for the Full-Time Fire Fighter position from the four candidates.
A RESOLUTION TO APPOINT BEN MATTHEWS AS A FULL-TIME FIREFIGHTER BEGINNING MARCH 15, 2020 AT THE CURRENT CONTRACT WAGE, CONTINGENT UPON PASSING THE OP&FPF PHYSICAL AND STRESS TEST. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve R 20-28.
A RESOLUTION TO KEEP THE HIRING LIST FOR THE POSITION OF FULL-TIME FIREFIGHTER UNTIL MAY 31, 2020 AND USE IT IF THERE IS A NEED FOR AN ADDITIONAL FULL-TIME FIREFIGHTER. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve R 20-29.
- DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded to approve Assistant Fiscal Officer Lindsay Mayse to attend the Auditor of State Conference in April. The Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve the motion.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE MOVING THREE-HUNDRED DOLLARS AND NO CENTS ($300.00) FROM THE GENERAL FUND OTHER EXPENSES ACCOUNT TO THE TRAVEL AND MEETING EXPENSES ACCOUNT. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve R 20-30.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
February 19, 2020 Regular Meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of February 19, 2020 and the Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve the motion.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved, Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve R20-31.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the March 4, 2020 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting adjourned at 9:28am.