May 17, 2016
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
May 17, 2016
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Doug Clark called the Regular Trustee Meeting of May 17, 2016 to order at 7:05pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Doug Clark, Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse and Zoning Inspector Doug Czako. Fire Captain Shawn Davidson was also present.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
- Doug has issued a Notice of Zoning Violation to Carl & Gerlinda Salyers.
- Mr. DeFelice asked if a date had been set for the hearing for National Lime & Stone’s Variance in a Flood Plain. Doug replied that he has sent the application to Leah to schedule a meeting.
- There is a need to have a vice-chairman for each of the zoning boards.
A RESOLUTION TO APPOINT RONDE BRUSHART AS THE VICE CHAIR OF THE ZONING COMMISSION EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-39.
A RESOLUTION TO APPOINT PEGGY EGBERT AS THE VICE CHAIR OF THE ZONING APPEALS BOARD EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-40.
- Kevin has a request from Peggy Porter to remove a bush that is next to her stone at the cemetery. After some discussion, the Trustees asked Kevin to cut it off at the ground and kill the roots, rather than dig it out and possibly move or damage the stone.
- Kevin needs to order more watering cans for the cemetery. We had 14 last year, but only six were remaining in the fall. The Trustees approved this purchase.
- Mr. Clark asked Kevin to look at the water faucet at the cemetery. He has received complaints that some people are not able to open it to get water.
- Kevin asked for Friday, May 20th off. The Trustees approved this with a motion from Mr. Clark, a second from Mr. DeFelice and three yes votes.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The new Medical Director Contract is complete and ready to be signed by the Chief. It will be $4000.00 per year.
- The Chief, Mr. Welsh and Mr. DeFelice attended a Walnut Township Trustee Meeting on May 16th to ask them to bring their older two levies up to full value. We have not heard a response as of yet.
- The Chief presented a proposal from Gloyd’s Home Improvements for the bathroom remodel at the Fire Station for $39,755.00. The bid from Capital City in Grove City for $49,573.73. (1st Floor Men’s Restroom & Shower, $13,643.40; 1st Floor Family Restroom, $8138.73; and two 2nd Floor Restrooms & Showers, $27,791.60.) Capital City submitted pictures of each restroom in detail using all tile floors and showers, low maintenance products, heat lamps, quality faucets, etc.
A RESOLUTION TO HIRE CAPITAL CITY HOME IMPROVEMENT TO REMODEL THE TWO FIRST FLOOR RESTROOMS AND TEAR OUT THE SECOND FLOOR BATHROOM AND RECONSTRUCT TWO FULL BATHROOMS ON THE SECOND FLOOR AS PER THE CONTRACT FOR $49, 573.73 TO BE PAID FROM FIRE BUILDINGS 2111-760-720-0000. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted. Mr. Welsh, yes; Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Clark, yes. Resolution 16-41 was approved.
A RESOLUTION TO REALLOCATE $25,000.00 FROM THE FIRE WORERS’ COMP BUDGET 2111-220-230-0000 TO THE FIRE BUILDINGS BUDGET 2111-760-720-0000 AND A PURCHASE ORDER FOR THE SAME. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-42.
A RESOLUTION TO MAKE A SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATION of $25,000.00 FROM THE FIRE FUND TO THE FIRE BUILDINGS BUDGET 2111-760-720-0000 AND A PURCHASE ORDER FOR THE SAME. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-43.
- The Chief reported that Medic 803 is just not reliable. He has no confidence in using it for transport because it continues to break down. With our run totals, it is imperative that we have at least two medics at all times. If 801 or 802 has a repair issue, we are down to one medic. The run totals are higher than ever and the Chief believes we need to contract to purchase a new medic immediately. It will take several months to build it and if ordered now it would not be ready until March or April 2017.
A RESOLUTION TO ORDER A NEW MEDIC FROM HORTON AMBULANCE FOR $199,402.00 TO BE DELIVERED IN 2017. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted. Mr. Welsh, yes; Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Clark, yes. With three yes votes R16-44 was approved.
OTHER BUSINESS: None
ACTION ON MINUTES:
May 3, 2016 Regular meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of May 3, 2016 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-45.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion to adjourn the May 17, 2016 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:10pm.