HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
May 19, 2015
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Keith Peters called the Trustee Regular Meeting of May 19, 2015 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Keith Peters, Trustee Doug Clark, Trustee Paul Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
- Jayme from the Prosecutor’s Office is preparing to file a lawsuit for the zoning violation against the Martins.
- Pandora Grain needs to sweep Duvall Road. Mr. Peters will call them.
- The steps have been repaired at the cemetery and everything is ready for the Memorial Day Service.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief presented the attached Chief’s report.
- The Trustees discussed the revised plan submitted by the architect for the remodeling work at the fire station to address the safety and code issues which must be corrected. The projected cost of the revised plans is still far higher than the Trustees want to allot for this project. Joe will contact a design builder for another estimate. There were also questions regarding whether or not this job would have to be bid at prevailing wage. The Chief will find out.
- Pickaway Ross JVSD has asked to enter into an agreement with the Harrison Township Fire Department to allow their students to do “ride time” with our firefighters/paramedics as per the attached agreement. They provide their own insurance and sign liability waivers. The Trustees approved this agreement.
- There are points available on our VISA credit card accounts which need to be used before we close those accounts. The Trustees agreed to allow the Fire Chief to order something for the department using the points from all three accounts.
- Mr. Clark asked if we can make all of Bulen Pierce a “No Passing” zone. A resident has reported that there have been several near misses because people are passing. Mr. Clark will contact the Prosecutor’s Office to find out what the procedure is for this.
- Mr. Peters presented a request from the Pickaway County Health Department for additional funds. They need an additional $1250.00 from our township. Mr. Peters will represent our Trustees at the upcoming meeting and recommended that we pay the health department the additional amount of $1250.00.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ADDITIONAL REQUESTED AMOUNT OF $1250.00 TO THE PICKAWAY COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R15-37.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
May 5, 2015 Regular meeting: Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of May 5, 2015 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R15-38.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Peters moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the May 19, 2015 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:50pm.