November 1, 2016
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
November 1, 2016
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Doug Clark called the Regular Trustee Meeting of November 1, 2016 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Doug Clark, Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Doug Czako and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Resident Walt Hardbarger was also present.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Walt Hardbarger asked if the property at 14140 Ashville Pike had been zoned commercial. The Trustees stated that the property has not been re-zoned and if a request for rezoning is received, all property owners within a 500 foot radius would be notified of the public hearing on the matter. Mr. Hardbarger was also concerned about how the water would flow from his property now that 14140 has been graded. Mr. DeFelice stated that the direction of the flow of water cannot be changed, and asked Zoning Inspector Doug Czako to check out this property.
- Zoning Violations will be issued on November 4, to Robert J Duffy and AEP Generation Resources for the property at 9155 Ashville Pike for the Recreational Vehicles that someone is constructing a building around.
- The Trustees asked Doug to check out a residence on SR 762 north of Meadowbrook for a large sign stating that a mechanic shop is open.
- Mr. DeFelice asked Doug to explain to the Zoning Commission that if we want to make changes to the Land Use Plan, all four entities (Columbus, Pickaway County, Ashville and Harrison Township) would have to be involved.
- Scott Pritchard checked the security lights at the cemetery and presented an estimate for $265.00 to fix the lights. Mr. DeFelice moved that Pritchard Electric repair the security lights to be paid 50/50 from Roads and Cemetery Repairs. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three yes votes.
- The Red Dump truck is at Duke’s Repair. It is not running right.
- Mr. DeFelice moved that Kevin purchase stainless steel running boards from Trails West for $360.31. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion and the Trustee voted with three yes votes to approve.
- Kevin asked to take his Veteran’s Day holiday on November 18th and he will work on November 11th. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees approved this motion.
- Port-a-Throne will be discontinuing service as of December 31, 2016. Mr. Clark will contact another company to provide a portable toilet for the cemetery.
- The County Engineer contacted Mr. DeFelice regarding AEP putting new towers and poles on Weigand Road. He will prepare a contract for them to sign stating that they would have to repair any damage they cause to the road during their installation.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief asked if there has been anything more on the 457 Plan from Parallel Equities. Neither the Trustees or Fiscal Officer have heard anything since the meeting Bill Greear attended.
- There were no items needing approval from the Trustees.
- Mr. DeFelice spoke to Brad Lutz about the matters that the Trustees brought to the County Commissioners six months ago, regarding the large buildings being built in our township and the heavy trucks using the township roads.
- The Trustees discussed the Pictometry and Imagery Survey and chose not to respond to this letter.
- The Zoning Commission has made a recommendation for re-zoning submitted by the City of Columbus.
A RESOLUTION TO HOLD A PUBLIC HEARING TO HEAR PUBLIC COMMENT REGARDING REZONING PARCEL D1200030027803 SUBMITTED BY THE CITY OF COLUMBUS FROM FARM RESIDENTIAL TO PLANNED BUSINESS DISTRICT AND MAKE A RECOMMENDATION. THIS PUBLIC HEARING WILL BE HELD ON DECEMBER 6, 2016 AT 6:00. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted: Mr. Clark, yes; Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes. Resolution 16-78 was approved.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
October 18, 2016 Regular Meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of October 18, 2016 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-79.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the November 1, 2016 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:10pm.