HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
November 15, 2016
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Vice-Chairman Joe DeFelice called the Regular Trustee Meeting of November 15, 2016 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer/Clerk MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Trustee Doug Clark and Zoning Inspector Doug Czako were absent. Resident Walt Hardbarger was also present for the beginning of the meeting.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Walt Hardbarger presented a zoning complaint. Zoning Inspector Doug Czako was not present, so Trustee Joe DeFelice accepted the complaint and said he would get it to the Zoning Inspector.
ZONING INSPECTOR: No Report
- The Clerk read a Thank You card that had been received from Larry Rathburn complimenting the cemetery staff for their assistance and care for his parent’s interment on November 1, 2016.
- The Clerk asked about the bill for $100.00 from Coughlin Ford for the new truck. Mr. DeFelice said he was told it was covered under the warranty and instructed the Clerk not to pay it.
- The Trustees told Kevin they were increasing his vacation to four weeks annually (earned as 6.15 hours per pay) as of his anniversary date of April 2016.
A RESOLUTION TO INCREASE KEVIN’S VACATION TIME FROM 4.60 HOURS PER PAY TO 6.15 HOURS PER PAY RETROACTIVE TO THE FIRST PAYROLL AFTER HIS APRIL 1, 2016 ANNIVERSARY DATE. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R16-80.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief presented his report. He asked the Trustees to sign the Mutual Aid Contract.
A RESOLUTION TO ACCEPT AND APPROVE THE PICKAWAY COUNTY FIRE CHIEF’S ASSOCIATION MUTUAL AID CONTRACT FOR HARRISON TOWNSHIP FIRE DEPARTMENT. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R16-81.
- Mr. DeFelice stated that Kelley Blue Book lists the price of the 2003 Chevy truck at around $5600.00 so we will have to sell it by bid. This will be discussed at the next meeting.
- The Clerk reminded all that Insurance Open Enrollment ends on December 31, 2016.
- The Clerk read the Notice from the Department of Commerce regarding Liquor Permit Objections. The Trustees had no objections.
- The Trustees and Fiscal Officers’ Association Banquet will be held December 17, 2016. They have requested a $25.00 gift from each township. Mr. Welsh made a motion to purchase a $25.00 Bob Evans Gift Card. Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion and the motion was passed with two yes votes.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
November 1, 2016 Regular Meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of November 1, 2016 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R16-82.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the November 15, 2016 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:30pm.