HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
November 17, 2015
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Trustee Paul Welsh called the Regular Trustee Meeting of November 17, 2015 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Paul Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Doug Czako and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Bill Welsh was also present. Trustee Doug Clark was absent.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
- Doug was present, but no items required action by the Trustees.
- Mr. DeFelice gave Doug the letter from the County Auditor requesting copies of all zoning certificates issued for the year.
- Doug was asked to check two residences on Hoover Road. 13819 for building a structure without a permit and the structure is too close to the road. 13525 for crushed ends of the pipes under the driveway that need to be replaced.
- The pavement in front of the driveway at 13525 Hoover Road is destroyed. Mr. DeFelice will ask the Roese Brothers Paving for a professional opinion on what has caused this damage and get an estimate of the cost of repairing it.
- Miller Road has been bermed. A resident called about a small amount of gravel that was in his yard from the job. Mr. DeFelice went to his home and stated it is a small amount normal for this kind of construction.
- The guys from CCI are going to come up to check on the arm of the John Deere tractor to determine if they can fix it.
- Mr. DeFelice went to the Pickaway Planning Commission and discussed the new roads and cul-de-sacs that Duke is putting in. He questioned where it is written that we have to use pure salt on those roads and was told it isn’t written anywhere. Chris Mullins agreed that we can use our normal salt/grit mix on the intersections and cul-de-sacs. We would only treat the road in a heavy snowstorm.
- Kevin will be on vacation from November 25 to December 10.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
At 7:27pm Chief Edgington asked to go into executive session to discuss personnel matters. Mr. DeFelice made a motion to go into executive session. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to enter into executive session.
At 7:58pm Mr. DeFelice made a motion to leave executive session. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to leave executive session.
The Chief would like to hire some reserve firefighters to work when needed, but not on a regular rotation. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to hire reserve firefighters. Motion passed with two votes.
A RESOLUTION TO HIRE BRIAN THOMPSON AS A RESERVE FIREFIGHTER AT $10.00 PER HOUR TO BEGIN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R15-83.
A RESOLUTION TO HIRE RUSTY SMITH AS A RESERVE FIREFIGHTER AT $10.00 PER HOUR TO BEGIN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R15-84.
A RESOLUTION TO OFFER THE FULL TIME FIREFIGHTERS A MID-TERM INCREASE IN PAY AS PER THE ATTACHED PAY SCHEDULE WITHOUT OPENING THE CONTRACT. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R15-85.
- Bill Toole notified Mr. DeFelice that the State Board of Building Standards added a ruling that prohibits a township from having its own building department if the county has one.
- Mr. DeFelice confirmed that Ronde Brushart will serve on the Zoning Commission for another five year term expiring December 2020.
- Roese Brothers Paving has finished berming Miller Road and has started re-surfacing Hoover Road at SR 752.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
November 3, 2015 Regular meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of November 3, 2015 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R15-86.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the November 17, 2015 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:20pm.