HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
November 20, 2018
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Joe DeFelice called the Regular Trustee Meeting of November 20, 2018 to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Chad Noggle, Zoning Inspector Dale Hoover and Road/Cemetery Employee Darryl Ward. Trustee Mike Freeman was absent. Also attending were Anastasia Fries and Emily Dieterich from the Pickaway County Health Department and residents Lindsay Mayse and Larry Kelly.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Emily Dieterich and Anastasia Fries from the Health Department shared information about projects of the Health Department and to discuss the upcoming meeting on December 6 where the decision to put a levy on the ballot will be decided.
- Larry Kelly of 3580 Airbase Road asked what the plans are for Airbase Road. The Trustees explained that Airbase Road is a County Road so they have no knowledge of are any plans to change it. Mr. Kelly also stated that the new buildings being built around his property have caused his ponds to go down fifteen feet when they put in their sewer lines. Mr. DeFelice explained that the County Engineer’s Department oversees new sewer lines and there is nothing the Trustees can do about this. He also suggested that Mr. Kelly speak to an attorney to resolve this problem.
- Dale issued a second zoning violation to Greenlawn for having excess travel trailers on their property.
- Mr. DeFelice spoke to Leah Black and she has agreed to stay on the Zoning Appeals Board for the five year term 2019-2023. He will call Lisa Darnell.
- Darryl presented a job estimate for $465.00 from Gloyd’s Home Improvements to install a metal edge to the township building so the water will flow to the gutters and downspout. Mr. DeFelice moved to approve this repair and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion. The motion was approved unanimously.
- The road mower cab is full of water. The mower roof was just replaced two years ago and it is cracked. It needs to be parked in a covered location.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief reported that the door on the emergency exit stairs is not right. The door brushes against the landing and the concern is if there is snow or ice on that landing the door will not open. All-Do Weld is supposed to check and correct the problem.
- The Chief would like to add one part-time employee per day to each unit in 2019. He has figured the cost at an additional $100,000. to $125,000. No decision was made at this meeting.
A RESOLUTION TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT WITH MADISON TOWNSHIP, PICKAWAY COUNTY, OHIO TO FURNISH FIRE AND EMERGENCY PROTECTION TO MADISON TOWNSHIP AND THE INHABITANTS THEREOF FOR THE CALENDAR YEAR 2019. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R18-107.
A RESOLUTION TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT WITH WALNUT TOWNSHIP, PICKAWAY COUNTY, OHIO TO FURNISH FIRE AND EMERGENCY PROTECTION TO WALNUT TOWNSHIP AND THE INHABITANTS THEREOF FOR THE CALENDAR YEAR 2019. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R18-108.
- The recordings of the Zoning Public Hearings have still not been received.
- The Trustees had no objections to the Liquor Permits in the township.
- Dr. Freeman reported that he had contacted David Hubin regarding the graves that were not filled in at the Cholera Cemetery. Mr. Hubin has hired someone to do this work and thought it had been done.
- The Trustees discussed making a donation to the Firefighters’ Association. Mr. Welsh made a motion to donate $500.00 from the General Fund to the Firefighters’ Association and Mr. DeFelice seconded it. The Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve the motion.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
November 7, 2018 Regular Meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of November 7, 2018 and the Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve the motion.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve R18-109.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the November 20, 2018 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting adjourned at 8:25pm.