October 16, 2018
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
October 16, 2018
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Joe DeFelice called the Regular Trustee Meeting of October 16, 2018 to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Mike Freeman, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Chad Noggle, Zoning Inspector Dale Hoover and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
- The Delong Company pulled their previous request for a zoning change to General Business and have submitted a new zoning application to the Zoning Commission.
A RESOLUTION TO RESCIND RESOLUTION 18-88 TO HOLD A PUBLIC HEARING TO CONSIDER THE CHANGE OF ZONING FOR THE DELONG COMPANY ON OCTOBER 16, 2018 AT 6:00PM. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-96.
- All graves have been seeded.
- The phone at the cemetery broke. Darryl purchased a new phone at Dollar General.
- The GMC Snowplow needs a new spinner motor/hydraulic pump. It is $250.00 at Dexter. The Trustees approved this purchase.
- Kevin’s CDL physical is scheduled for October 25th.
- The shepherd hooks that have not been picked up need to be moved out of the building. The Chief offered to store them in the barn behind the fire station.
- Kevin has scheduled knee replacement surgery for November 14th. He will be off for at least six weeks.
- Kevin made a diagram of the cemetery lots that have bricks on the gravesite. There are forty-one.
- Mr. DeFelice said we need to have a road in the new section #11. There are roads around the perimeter, but there needs to be one through the middle.
- The JEDD has agreed to their matching funds for the Lockbourne Eastern/Duvall intersection of $41,200.00. Harrison and Madison Townships will each pay $20,600.00 if we receive approval for the grant from ODOT.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief reported that the emergency exit stairs were set but the door was installed upside down and opens to the wrong side. They are going to replace the door and jamb so it will be another week or so until it is actually completed correctly.
- Engine 802 has just been serviced and returned and had a radiator leak today. Ohio Cat is repairing a clamp that was not tightened at no additional charge.
- The Chief would like to hire Chance Diehl as a rotation firefighter on One Unit and Josh Mollohan for the open reserve position.
A RESOLUTION TO HIRE CHANCE DIEHL AS A ROTATION FIREFIGHTER ON ONE UNIT BEGINNING OCTOBER 22, 2018 AT BASIC PAY OF $12.00/HR. Mr. Welsh moved and Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-97.
A RESOLUTION TO HIRE JOSH MOLLOHAN AS A RESERVE FIREFIGHTER BEGINNING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AT MEDIC PAY OF $14.00/HR. Mr. Welsh moved and Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-98.
- The Trustees will have the swearing-in for Tim Campbell and Isaac Wojciechowski on Wednesday, November 7, 2018 at the Township Building and the Firefighters will have cake and refreshments for them afterward at the Fire Station.
- The Chief went over the Run Totals Report for the first three quarters of 2018.
- Dan Heeter is still out with a shoulder injury.
- Dr. Freeman said he has placed four phone calls to John Horsley and John has not returned them. The Trustees asked the Fiscal Officer to call John and have him attend the November 7th meeting and to return Dr. Freeman’s phone calls. Mr. DeFelice moved that if John will not enter the cemetery data into the computer, the Trustees will hire someone at up to $25.00/hour, not to exceed $500.00 to enter the data and pay this amount from the Cemetery Sexton’s salary. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- No one has heard from the Zoning Secretary regarding the letter from the Trustees.
- The Trustees discussed the annual donation to the Ashville Heritage Society. Dr. Freeman moved that we give them an annual donation of $50.00. Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- A representative from OTARMA Insurance is coming on October 30, to evaluate our buildings. Mr. Welsh will meet with him and accompany him to the cemetery buildings and fire station.
- The health insurance estimated increase is 11% for 2019. The actual numbers have not been received.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
October 2, 2018 Regular Meeting: Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of October 2, 2018 and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO TRANSFER ONE MILLION DOLLARS FROM THE SAVINGS BANK CHECKING ACCOUNT TO KINGSTON NATIONAL BANK TO PURCHASE TWO $500,000.00 CDS FOR THIRTEEN MONTH AT 2.47%. Mr. DeFelice moved and Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-99.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved and Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-100.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Welsh moved and Dr. Freeman seconded the motion to adjourn the October 16, 2018 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting adjourned at 8:30pm.