October 18, 2016
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
October 18, 2016
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Doug Clark called the Regular Trustee Meeting of October 18, 2016 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Doug Clark, Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Doug Czako and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Bill Greear from Parallel Equity Advisors was also present.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Bill Greear was present to answer questions about the new 457 plan that the firefighters want to add. The Trustees asked about fees that the township would be responsible for. Mr. Greear stated that the township would not be responsible for any fees. The Trustees asked why the box regarding fees was checked. He did not know but said he will find out.
- The Trustees asked if there were any meetings the Trustees would be required to attend. Mr. Greear stated there were no such meetings.
- Mr. Welsh also asked why there was an additional charge for the employee upon withdrawal of $5.00 check fee and a $5.00 1099 fee as well as additional fees. Mr. Greear said these fees would not apply to the township, but would to a private employer. The Trustees asked him for a contract specific to the township. Mr. Greear said he would send a corrected contract to the Fiscal Officer.
- Representatives from Hyperlogistics called Doug to ask if the zoning fee for the new building they are adding on could be reduced. Mr. Clark moved to not reduce the zoning fees and Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion. The Trustees voted with three yes votes to not reduce the current zoning fees for Hyperlogistics.
- Dave Smith called about the vehicles on the Blackburn property. Doug explained that the Trustees have allowed her some time to remove the cars and he wanted to know how much time. The original violation was given on August 18th giving her thirty days. Because of a death in the household and the difficulty removing the unlicensed vehicles, the Trustees extended the time. Mr. DeFelice made the motion to extend the time of the original violation by an additional sixty days until November 18th. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three yes votes.
- Mr. DeFelice asked Doug to check on a wood structure being built on Shepherd Road and Ashville Pike.
- The Zoning Commission has asked the Trustees to consider their proposed changes to the Strategic Land Use Plan. The Trustees do not want to make any changes to the plan at this time.
- The Zoning Commission wants to change their meetings to the 3rd Monday of the quarter at 6:30pm. Mr. DeFelice asked Doug to check with the Zoning Appeals Board to see if they can work out a meeting night and times when both boards can meet.
- Kevin said the security lights are out at the cemetery. The Trustees told Kevin to have Scott Pritchard check them out to see what the problem is and get an estimate to fix them.
- Kevin asked about purchasing several items. Mr. Clark questioned why Kevin has to bring a list of small purchases to be approved at every meeting. After some discussion Mr. Clark moved that Kevin be allowed to purchase needed items up to $250.00 without bringing these to the Trustee meeting for approval. He was directed to call any one Trustee for approval for these smaller items. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve the motion.
- All of the items from the BWC grant have been received.
- Kevin had a Sheriff’s report for the two county signs that were stolen on Bulen Pierce. The county will bill us for those signs.
- There have been children playing in the salt shed after closing. The Trustees asked Kevin to purchase “No Trespassing” signs and place them on the building.
- Kevin needs steps, floor mats, two drawers and eight dividers for the new truck. The lettering for “Harrison Township, Pickaway County” for the doors will be $95.00. The Trustees approved these purchases.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief talked about the new Mutual Aid Contract. He will get more information at the next Chief’s meeting.
- Nate Green has submitted paperwork asking the Trustees to hold a public hearing to expand the JEDD area to include the NorthPoint Development Project.
A RESOLUTION OF INTENT TO AMEND THE NORTHERN PICKAWAY COUNTY JOINT ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT AND TO ESTABLISH A PUBLIC HEARING, AND FOR THE AUTHORIZATION FOR PUBLICATION OF NOTICE OF THAT HEARING IN A NEWSPAPER OF GENERAL CIRCULATION. THIS PUBLIC HEARING WILL BE HELD ON DECEMBER 6, 2016 AT 6:30 PM TO HEAR PUBLIC COMMENT AND MAKE A RECOMMENDATION TO EXPAND THE JEDD AREA. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted: Mr. Clark, yes; Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes. Resolution 16-76 was approved.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
October 4, 2016 Regular Meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of October 4, 2016 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-77.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the October 18, 2016 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:10pm.