HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
September 1, 2015
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Keith Peters called the Regular Trustee Meeting of September 1, 2015 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Keith Peters, Trustee Doug Clark, Trustee Paul Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Craig Stevenson was also present.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Craig was present to discuss marking the new section of the cemetery to begin selling lots in that section. The section is approximately 230 x 930. The Trustees would like to map and number one third of that section or about 200 lots. Craig proposed laying out this section for approximately $2000.00 and we would supply the identifying spikes. This would require 800 spikes and Mr. Peters will check on the cost of these and how to mark them.
- We still need a member for the zoning commission to replace Jim Wells.
- The Olsson’s on Weigand Road have applied for a zoning application and may be appealing the denial of their zoning variance.
- The Zoning Commission will meet on September 28 to provide a recommendation to the Trustees for a gravel quarry on S R 23 in front of the power plant.
- Kevin had an estimate from Duke’s Garage for $1325.00 to inspect and replace the brakes on the GMC snowplow. Mr. Clark moved to have Duke’s Garage replace the brakes on the GMC snowplow and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion. The Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion approved.
- The road mower needs a new hydraulic pump. JD Equipment has one for $1080.00. Mr. Clark moved to purchase a new hydraulic pump for the road mower from JD Equipment and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion. The Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion approved.
- Kevin asked for Friday, September 25 and October 1, 2 and 5 off as vacation days. The Trustees approved this time off.
- Kevin asked about the possibility of having the repairs to the road mower done at the prison. Mr. Peters offered to let Kevin use his trailer to take the mower to the prison once the mowing season is over.
- The property at 2802 West Duvall is supposed to be mowed on September 3 by the property manager. If this property is not mowed by September 4, the Trustees asked Kevin to mow it and we will charge the property owner.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief presented the attached Chief’s report.
- The Chief recommended Robert Wall be hired as a part time firefighter/medic. He will be on 2 unit.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE HIRING OF ROBERT WALL AS A PART-TIME FIREFIGHTER/MEDIC EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R15-62.
- Mr. Peters met with Solomon Jackson, who is with Norfolk Southern at the grainery property on Duvall Road. Mr. Jackson is going to try to have the water drained, the weeds mowed and the property cleaned up. Mr. Peters asked the clerk to write a letter to Mr. Jackson asking to have these things done. Joe will also check with the Prosecutor’s office to see if we can enforce the zoning yard requirements.
- Clark checked Duvall Road to see if the road has been cleaned. He said it looks much better.
- Mr. Peters said the road crew hired by the county tried to stripe Miller Road, but were not able to. It will not be striped.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
August 18, 2015 Regular meeting: Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of August 18, 2015 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R15-63.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the September 1, 2015 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:55pm.