HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES MEETING
January 15, 2013
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Keith Peters called the Regular Trustee Meeting of January15, 2013 to order at 7:00pm at the Township Hall, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Paul Welsh, Trustee Doug Clark, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington and Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Also attending were Carol Balthaser, Lindsay Mayse, Will Cline, Firefighter Roger Fitzpatrick and resident, Randy Arledge.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Will Cline from Sam’s Excavating asked the Trustees what they wanted to do about some ditches that have collapsed tiles and need to be repaired. The Trustees want to take a look at the ditches in question and get back with him.
- Carol Balthaser submitted her resignation as the secretary of the zoning commission effective April 12, 2013. The Trustees accepted Carol’s resignation, but asked her to stay if possible, or let them know if she is able to serve at a later date. They thanked Carol for the great job she has done as zoning commission secretary.
- Randy Arledge of 10755 Lockbourne Eastern Road was present to complain about the driveway that was poured years ago by his former neighbor which he states has caused the water in the ditch to back up onto his property. The Trustees will each get out to his property in the next three weeks before the next meeting and discuss what, if anything, the township can do.
- Lindsay Mayse was present to discuss the sale of the two acre lot in South Bloomfield. She recommended that the property be listed for $49,900 and will draw up the agreement and bring it to the next Trustee meeting for signatures.
A RESOLUTION TO LIST THE TWO ACRE PROPERTY IN SOUTH BLOOMFIELD FOR SALE WITH REALTOR LINDSAY MAYSE FOR $49,900. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-07.
- The Zoning Commission is recommending the approval of the land use plan as a guideline for the township. Kelly and Ronde went through the proposal thoroughly and have marked several typos and statements that are not clear. Joe will take this book to Gary Smith of G2 Planning and Design for corrections before it is adopted by the Trustees.
- Joe stated that one of the members of the zoning commission would like to move the meetings to Tuesday evening at 7pm. Mr. Peters suggested moving the Appeals meeting to an earlier time if there is a continual problem of the meetings running late, but the Trustees would prefer to keep the meetings on the same night.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
Firefighter Fitzpatrick was present to schedule the meetings between the Trustees and the Firefighter’s Union to negotiate the contract. The meetings have tentatively been scheduled for February 6, 13 and 20 at 7pm at the Fire Station. The clerk will check with John Krock to see if he is able to attend at these times.
- The Chief presented the attached Chief’s report.
- Medic 803 is in the shop again. On the first run after the major repair, a hose came loose causing a major leak and it had to be towed. Big Sky repaired the hose and will pay for the tow. The Chief would like to discuss the details of putting a levy on the November ballot at the next meeting on February 5.
- Kevin will take the pesticide re-certification class on March 5. He would like to take the class on guardrails on April 4 and road construction on May 22. The Trustees agreed to all three classes.
- He needs to purchase 1000 pounds of cold patch. The Trustees approved this purchase. Mr. Clark asked Kevin to call the county regarding a complaint of potholes at Ashville Pike and Miller Road.
- All of the new road signs for the township have been installed.
- Kevin asked to do some repair work in the roads department office at the cemetery. He will paint the walls and scrub the floor. He estimates that it will cost approximately $200.00. The Trustees approved this expense up to $200.00.
- The cemetery mowers were discussed and because the current mowers are under warranty until April 1, 2015 and the cemetery budget is so limited, the Trustees decided not to trade in the mowers for new mowers this year. Kevin will purchase six new blades for the mowers for $120.00. The Trustees approved this purchase.
- The Trustees discussed Kevin’s annual job review with him. Mr. Clark commended Kevin on the job he is doing on both the roads and the cemetery. The statement that Kevin is responsible to get someone to dig a grave if he is unable (on vacation, sick, etc.) is not in the job description, but Kevin knows this is his responsibility.
A RESOLUTION TO INCREASE KEVIN’S PAY BY 1.5% EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-08.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
January 2, 2013 Organizational Meeting: Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the organizational meeting of January 2, 2013 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
January 2, 2013 Regular meeting: Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of January 2, 2013 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
- The Super Blanket Certificates were presented to the Trustees to sign.
- We have received the tentative order for the Workers Comp claim filed by James Mets. The administrator finds that he is entitled to 8 percent of permanent partial disability and BWC will pay the award of $4133.28 unless the Trustees wish to appeal it.
A RESOLUTION TO ACCEPT THE TENTATIVE ORDER FROM THE BWC FOR JAMES METS. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-09.
A RESOLUTION TO PAY ALPHA AND OMEGA DESIGN UP TO $400.00 TO REDESIGN AND RENAME OUR TOWNSHIP WEBSITE HARRISONPICKAWAY.COM. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-10.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATION OF $1000.00 FROM 2031-330-211-0004 TO 2031-330-213-0000 FOR MEDICARE. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-11.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATION OF $1000.00 FROM 2041-410-230-0000 TO 2041-410-213-0000 FOR MEDICARE. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-12.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-13.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the January 15, 2013 Board of Trustees Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:20pm.