Entries from July 1, 2012 – July 31, 2012
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES MEETING
July 17, 2012
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Keith Peters called to order the Regular Trustee Meeting of July 17, 2012 at 7:00pm at the Township Hall, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Paul Welsh, Trustee Doug Clark, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, and Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice. Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse was absent on sick leave. Firefighter Jeremy Stiver was present. Frank Harmon and Jody Lombardo from Ohio Insurance Services were also present.
Joe had a call from the property owner at 10591 Lockbourne Eastern Road about a drainage problem with the catch basin that is not draining. The other side of the road is Madison Township and it looks like rocks have been placed in the pipe on that side. Mr. Peters will check to see if the water is draining under the road. If so, then the Madison Township Trustees will need to tend to the pipe.
A RESOLUTION TO APPOINT JIM WELLS AS A MEMBER OF THE ZONING COMMISSION. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R12-64.
1. The letter from the Village of Ashville to the Village of South Bloomfield regarding the CEDA revenue sharing funds was discussed.
2. Mr. Welsh will attend the next South Bloomfield Council meeting to discuss the water/sewer bill with them.
3. Mr. Clark ask if any firefighters want to mow the roads part time during Kevin’s absence. The Trustees allowed $15.00 per hour for this job.
4. The Clerk presented the recommendations of the insurance committee to the Trustees.
A RESOLUTION TO CHANGE THE AGENT OF RECORD FOR THE TOWNSHIP MEDICAL INSURANCE TO OHIO INSURANCE SERVICES AGENCY, INC. EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2012. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R12-65.
5. Mr. Peters drove the roads with Roese Bros. Paving and presented an estimate for several areas of roadway that need to be repaired.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
1. The Chief went over the attached Chief’s report.
2. The Association wants to use the Medic again for the football games. The Trustees agreed to this.
3. The Chief interviewed Matthew Scholl and he is able to start on part-time rotation in August.
A RESOLUTION TO HIRE MATTHEW SCHOLL AS A PART-TIME FIREFIGHTER ON ROTATION EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2012. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R12-66.
A RESOLUTION TO SELL UNEEDED, OBSOLETE OR UNFIT PROPERTY BY INTERNET AUCTION. ALL ITEMS WILL BE LISTED ON THE TOWNSHIP WEBSITE STATING THE DESCRIPTION OF THE ITEM, TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE SALE AND THE FINAL DATE BIDS WILL BE ACCEPTED. ALL ITEMS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR AT LEAST TEN BUSINESS DAYS. ALL BIDS WILL BE ACCEPTED BY THE TOWNSHIP FISCAL OFFICER, PO BOX 22, ASHVILLE, OH 43103 BY THE FINAL DATE AND WILL BE OPENED AT THE NEXT REGULARLY SCHEDULED TRUSTEE MEETING. ALL ITEMS LISTED WILL BE SOLD “AS IS”. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R12-67.
The clerk will send this resolution to the Herald to be published twice and will post it at the township house.
4. The Firefighter’s Union has researched rescue struts and is recommending the purchase of Rescue 42 Struts from Findley Fire. All members will be trained by Findley Fire at no additional cost. The package is $5000. And the Union is willing to pay $2500.
A RESOLUTION TO PURCHASE RESCUE 42 STRUTS FROM FINLEY FIRE AND PAY $2500.00 OF THE COST FROM 2111-760-740-0000. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R12-68.
ROAD/CEMETERY SUPERINTENDENT: No report.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
ACTION ON MINUTES:
June 19, 2012 Regular meeting: Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Peters seconded a motion to approve the minutes of June 19, 2012 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Mr. Clark abstained from voting as he was absent for the June 19 meeting. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE A PERMANENT APPROPRIATION OF $1000.00 FROM THE GENERAL FUND TO OFFICE SUPPLIES 1000-100-410-0000 TO PAY FOR OFFICE SUPPLIES. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three votes to approve R12-69.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE A PERMANENT APPROPRIATION OF $1000.00 FROM THE GENERAL FUND TO OTHER EXPENSES 1000-110-599-0000 TO PAY THE PER CAPITA ASSESSMENT FROM THE COMMISSIONERS. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three votes to approve R12-70.
1. The Clerk presented the proposed budget for 2013. After discussion the Trustees approved the proposed budget.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE PROPOSED BUDGET FOR 2013 AS PRESENTED AND ATTACHED. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three votes to approve R12-71.
A RESOLUTION TO ACCEPT THE GROUP EXPERIENCE RATING PROGRAM ENROLLMENT FOR WORKERS’ COMPENSATION INSURANCE FOR 2013 AND PAY THE FRANK GATES SERVICE FEE OF $2674.00. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three votes to approve R12-72.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R12-73.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded the motion to adjourn the July 17, 2012 Board of Trustees Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:30pm.