April 1, 2014
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES MEETING
April 1, 2014
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Paul Welsh called the Regular Trustee Meeting of April 1, 2014 to order at 7:00pm. Attending were Trustee Doug Clark, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, and Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice. Trustee Keith Peters and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse were absent.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
- The Prosecutor’s office has sent a letter to Danny and Teresa Bailey giving them thirty days to clean up the trash from their property.
- Nothing further has been done on the Burdak property.
- Kevin needs remanufactured asphalt screenings. Digger McCray will deliver 40 ton for $400.00. The Trustees approved this purchase.
- He also needs more cold patch from the county. The Trustees approved this purchase.
- Terry Leasure from the county juvenile program has kids under 18 who can work on Wednesdays from 4-7 for community service. The Trustees approved having them work, with Kevin supervising them. Kevin will need to adjust his hours on these Wednesdays to not exceed eight hours.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT: See attached report.
- We have only received four (of twelve) signed easements from the residents on Lockbourne Eastern Road.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
Minutes were not approved as only one Trustee was present from the previous meeting.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO TRANSFER $105,879.30 FROM THE FIRE FUND 2111-910-910-0000 TO GENERAL NOTE RETIREMENT FUND 3101-931-0000 TO PAY PRINCIPAL AND INTEREST PAYMENTS ON THE ENGINE AND MEDIC NOTES. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R14-26.
A RESOLUTION TO TRANSFER $25,000.00 FROM THE GENERAL FUND 1000-910-910-0000 TO THE CEMETERY FUND 2041-931-0000 AS APPROVED IN THE 2014 BUDGET. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R14-27.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATION OF $1000.00 FROM THE CEMETERY FUND TO OTHER EXPENSES 2041-410-599-0000 TO PAY THE PROPERTY INSURANCE AND A BLANKET CERTIFICATE FOR THE SAME. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R14-28.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R14-29.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the April 1, 2014 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:30pm.