Harrison Township Fire Chief Shawn Davidson
3625 St. Rt. 752
Ashville, Ohio 43103
Emergency: Dial 911
The Harrison Township Fire Department is charged with the responsibility of providing professional, efficient fire protection, fire prevention, emergency medical services, rescue, and other general emergency and educational services to the citizens it serves, with the goals of constantly safeguarding and preserving life and property against the elements of fire and disaster.
The basic objectives of the Fire Department center around the maintenance of continuous, comprehensive training in addition to administering realistic fire safety, inspection, and educational programs for the benefit of the general public, with the ultimate objective of preventing and minimizing loss of life and property when fires do occur, and confining and extinguishing those fires by utilizing the latest methods and scientific resources with the greatest degree of proficiency possible.
Area Served with Fire and EMS
- 100% of Harrison and Walnut Townships and large parts of Jackson, Madison, and Muhlenberg Townships
- 127 square miles
- Mutual aid is provided to all surrounding Fire and EMS agencies.
- The department employs 16 full-time and several part-time employees
- Each 24-hour shift is staffed with 5 full-time and three part-time employees
Fire and EMS Equipment
- 2017 Spartan Engine
- 2020 Rosenbauer Engine
- 2017 Ford F450 Horton Medic
- 2013 Ford F450 Horton Medic
- 2020 Ford F550Horton Medic
- 2008 Ford F-350 Grass Truck
- 2010 Ford F-150 Utility Truck
- 2020 Ford F-150 Utility Truck
- 2020 Chevy Tahoe…Chief’s Vehicle/Command Center
Personnel Training and Certification
Staffing includes those certified with a level two fire card, fire safety inspectors, and fire instructors.
Emergency tech employees have certifications ranging from basic EMT through paramedic training.
Training is in-house, at the State Fire Academy, and through continuing education programs.