The James Short and William Millar families donated the land establishing what became the Harrison Township Cemetery in South Bloomfield. These families were among the early settlers who arrived in 1798 and 1799. Sarah Holmes (1799-1801), daughter of Jonathan and Rachel Holmes, and granddaughter of James Short was the first burial in October 1801.
Harrison Township Cemetery 5501 S. Union Street, Ashville, Ohio 43103
Located off St Rte 23 south of SR 316 in the Village of South Bloomfield
Jared Conner, Sexton and Cemetery Supervisor 740-983-3601 Contact for purchase of cemetery plots and burials
Shawn Rawlins 740-285-1356 or Spencer Cheek 740-983-6414 Contact for monument foundations or military markers