April 3, 2018
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
April 3, 2018
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Joe DeFelice called the Regular Trustee Meeting of April 3, 2018 to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Mike Freeman, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Dale Hoover, Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse and Substitute Road/Cemetery Superintendent Darryl Ward. Fire Captain Pat Davidson and Resident Elmer Hines were also present.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Elmer Hines is having water problems caused by the new pond area at the horse training facility on Miller Road. His property is not draining due to the water being pushed onto his property. Mr. DeFelice explained that the Trustees have no authority over the horse training facility, but they are not permitted to alter the direction of the flow of water. Dale Hoover will take a look at the property and if they have changed the direction of the flow of water, we can address that issue.
- Dale has issued two permits.
- The F550 has been repaired.
- Darryl asked to purchase some safety equipment. New hard hats, safety glasses and gloves are needed. The Trustees asked Kevin and Darryl to get these new safety items immediately and be sure that all employees are using safety equipment at all worksites.
- The Trimble gravestone was placed in 2004 without a proper foundation. Dr. Freeman will contact the person who poured this foundation and ask him to pour a new foundation to frost depth or send us $300.00 to have a proper foundation poured.
- Kevin asked about purchasing a third riding mower to be used primarily on the roads. He presented two bids. The Trustees asked the Fiscal Officer to report on money available for this mower and tabled the decision until that time.
- The Trustees asked Kevin to present a signed statement for each doctor’s visit he is going to during work hours and charging as sick time.
- The pipe under Hoover Road needs to be replaced. Mr. DeFelice asked Kevin to get bids from Sam’s Excavating, Digger McCray and Ryan Sark.
- Pickaway County Engineers are no longer selling cold mix and they will only sell straight salt, no grits.
- Darryl will write a description for the 2003 Chevy truck and the International Snow Plow so they can be listed for sale.
- The Trustees approved the purchase of two loads of re-ground asphalt to fix the road in the cemetery to the garages.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- A firefighter injured his shoulder on a water rescue today.
- One bid has been received for the installation of fire escape steps at the firehouse. The Chief is expecting to receive at least one more bid.
- Captain Pat Davidson asked to resign from his position as Captain of Two Unit and return to a position of Firefighter.
A RESOLUTION TO ACCEPT THE REQUEST FROM PATRICK DAVIDSON TO RESIGN AS THE CAPTAIN OF TWO UNIT AND RETURN TO THE POSITION AND PAY RATE OF FIREFIGHTER EFFECTIVE APRIL 3, 2018. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted: Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes; Dr. Freeman, yes. R18-28 was approved.
- The Trustees asked the Chief to post the job position of Captain of Two Unit with all applications to be submitted by April 17, 2018.
- After researching the information, Dr. Freeman recommended that the Trustees pass the resolution for the plan from the Ross, Pickaway, Highland & Fayette County Solid Waste Management District.
A RESOLUTION APPROVING THE SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT PLAN OF THE ROSS, PICKAWAY, HIGHLAND AND FAYETTE COUNTY SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT DISTRICT AS ADOPTED BY THE SOLID WASTE POLICY COMMITTEE ON DECEMBER 7, 2017. Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted: Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes; Dr. Freeman, yes. R18-29 was approved.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
March 20, 2018 Regular Meeting: Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of March 20, 2018 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve the motion.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO ADJUST THE CHIEF’S PAY AND BENEFITS CONTRACT TO CORRECT THE EMPLOYEE AND DEPENDENTS INSURANCE WITHHOLDING AND THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF SICK PAY TO BE PAID AT RETIREMENT. Mr. Welsh moved and Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-30.
RESOLUTION TO APPROVE A SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATION OF $300.00 FROM THE GENERAL FUND TO ZONING MEDICARE 1000-130-213-0000 TO PAY THE MEDICARE FOR ZONING MEMBERS. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R18-31.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. DeFelice moved and Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R18-32.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion to adjourn the April 3, 2018 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 9:30pm.