HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES MEETING
August 19, 2014
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Paul Welsh called the Regular Trustee Meeting of August 19, 2014 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Doug Clark, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott and Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice. Trustee Keith Peters, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse were absent.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
- Joe reported that he gave Bailey’s application for a zoning variance to the Board of Appeals. Robin Welsh is willing to do the secretarial work for the Appeals meeting on September 8. The Trustees agreed to have Robin do this.
- Clark is waiting for a return call from Jayme at the Prosecutor’s office regarding the three zoning violations. He will also ask her to clarify the residency requirements for the zoning secretary.
ROAD/CEMETERY SUPERINTENDENT: None
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief asked for permission to use a medic for the Teays Valley Home Football games. The Trustees approved.
- Fish Fry dates are 9-5, 9-12 and 9-20.
- Pork Tenderloin dinners will be 9-6, 9-13 and 9-27.
- The Chief will be on vacation for much of September.
- The clerk reminded Mr. Welsh about the meeting with Ohio Insurance on Friday, August 22 at 9am.
- The clerk also asked to have an online subscription to the Circleville Herald to be able to verify that Legal Notices are being printed in the paper. The cost is $75.00 per year. The Trustees agreed to this subscription.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
August 5, 2014 Public Hearing. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the public hearing of August 5, 2014 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Motion carried.
August 5, 2014 Regular meeting: Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of August 5, 2014 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R14-68.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the August 19, 2014 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:20pm.