HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES MEETING
August 20, 2013
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Keith Peters called the Regular Trustee Meeting of August 20, 2013 to order at 7:00pm at the Township Hall, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Paul Welsh, Trustee Doug Clark, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice, Fire Chief Eric Edgington and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Resident Randy Arledge and Realtor Michelle Lugenbeel Kovach were also present.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
Randy Arledge asked if there is an update on the ditch in front of his property. Mr. Peters stated that we have had Sam’s Excavating out and he is going to repair the three catch basins. Two will be done right away and the third will be done as soon as they can get to it.
Michelle presented a new contract for the Trustees to sign to continue listing the South Bloomfield property. The Trustees signed the contract.
A RESOLUTION TO ACCEPT THE LISTING CONTRACT WITH MICHELLE KOVACH FOR THE SOUTH BLOOMFIELD PROPERTY THROUGH FEBRUARY 20, 2014 AT THE CURRENT LISTING PRICE OF $69,000.00. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-72.
ZONING INSPECTOR: No new business.
- The 2003 GMC Roads Truck needs repairs totaling approximately $1000.00. The Trustees approved this repair.
- Kevin requested the afternoon of August 26 off. The Trustees approved this time off.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- It’s time to put out bids for a loan for the new medic. The clerk will send letters to the Kingston, Citizens and Savings Banks asking for four 33,000.00 notes for a total loan of $132,000.00. The medic should be delivered mid-September.
A RESOLUTION TO CHANGE THE AGREEMENT WITH HORTON EMERGENCY VEHICLES TO PURCHASE THE NEW MEDIC WITHOUT A TRADE-IN FOR A COST OF $165,914.51 AND SEND OUT REQUESTS FOR BIDS FOR FOUR $33,000.00 NOTES FOR A TOTAL LOAN OF $132,000.00. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three votes to approve R13-73.
Steve Humble’s in-house retirement celebration will be on his last day, September 29, 2013. The Trustees approved paying for his retirement gift from General Fund Other Expenses.
The Chief, Mr. Welsh and the Fire Department Captains interviewed the four candidates who applied for the position of Captain. The committee agreed to recommend Shawn Davidson for promotion to Lieutenant.
A RESOLUTION TO PROMOTE SHAWN DAVIDSON TO LIEUTENANT, NON-PARAMEDIC AS OF SEPTEMBER 22, 2013. THIS IS A PROBATIONARY POSITION FOR A MINIMUM OF ONE YEAR. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three votes to approve R13-74.
- The clerk received an email from Wendy Nelson regarding constant traffic past the closed sign at the end of Ashville Pike and people hanging out at the bridge. Mr. Peters said we removed the cable for safety reasons and we can’t put up a permanent barrier because farmers and CSX need access. Mr. Clark will call Chris Shine at the county to see if we can install farm gates where the road is closed.
- The clerk asked if she could purchase an American Flag and an Ohio State Flag on poles for the Township Building. The Trustees approved this purchase.
- Kenny Davis, trustee for Wayne Township, has volunteered to serve on the Policy Committee representing the townships of Pickaway County.
A RESOLUTION TO DESIGNATE KENNY DAVIS TO BE THE TOWNSHIP REPRESENTATIVE OF PICKAWAY COUNTY ON THE SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT POLICY COMMITTEE TO BE ESTABLISHED AND CONVENED FOR THE ROSS, PICKAWAY, HIGHLAND, FAYETTE JOINT SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT DISTRICT. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three votes to approve R13-75.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
August 6, 2013 Regular meeting: Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of August 6, 2013 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-76.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the August 6, 2013 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:55pm.