August 20, 2019
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
August 20, 2019
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Mike Freeman called the Regular Trustee Meeting of August 20, 2019 to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Mike Freeman, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Assistant Fiscal Officer Lindsay Mayse, Fire Chief Chad Noggle, Zoning Inspector Dale Hoover, Cemetery Sexton/Superintendent Darryl Ward and Road Superintendent Kevin Hulse.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
- Dale Hoover stated that the grain transfer permit was approved at SR 762 south of Tradeport Court.
- Dale confirmed that Bill Neal’s request for annexation into the Village of Ashville was approved by the Board of Commissioners
- Kevin Hulse stated that they fixed the catch basin on Hoover Road and said that he inspected other catch basins.
- Kevin stated that the GMC Snowplow truck will cost approximately $2300.00 to fix.
- D and K Doors gave a quote of $625.00 to replace the opener to the Roads Building at the cemetery.
- Darryl Ward stated that he will call B and C Communications about repairs on the tornado siren.
- Darryl presented quotes for different sizes of columbariums and after much discussion the Trusteees decided to order one.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE A SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATION FROM THE GENERAL FUND TO GENERAL TRANSFERS OUT AND A TRANSFER OF $34,000.00 FROM THE GENERAL FUND TO THE CEMETERY FUND TO PURCHASE A COLUMBARIUM AND FOUNDATION. Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R19-75.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE A SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATION FROM THE CEMETERY FUND TO CEMETERY: IMPROVEMENT OF SITES FOR $7500.00 FOR THE DEPOSIT OF THE COLUMBARIUM AND A PURCHASE ORDER FOR THE SAME. Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R19-76.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE PURCHASE OF AN EIGHT-SIDED, EIGHTY NICHE COLUMBARIUM FROM WELLMAN MONUMENT COMPANY FOR $31,495.00 AND A FOUNDATION FOR UP TO $2000.00. Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R19-77.
- Darryl said that they tested the dump trailer with the new battery and the dump trailer works fine with dry dirt.
- Mr. DeFelice got prices for a new F650 from Dexter and Coughlin to replace the GMC snowplow. Mr. DeFelice stated that he was looking at the F650 versus the F750 because the F650 does not require a CDL certification. Coughlin quoted $65,000.00 for the truck and after Dexter installs the dump and plow the total would be $101,550.00. No decision was made.
- Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve two loads of grindings from Digger McCray for the roads. Some of this will be used at the Northeast corner of the cemetery to fill a low area. The Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- Mr. DeFelice made a motion to give Kyle Kottenbrook a key to the cemetery buildings so that he can mow or cut weeds in the evenings or on Saturdays. Mr. Freeman seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- Mr. DeFelice received a quote from the Coughlin for the F150 for the new Fire Utility truck.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE PURCHASE OF A NEW F150 FROM COUGHLIN WITH THE BASE PRICE OF $27,143.00 PLUS ADDED FIRE EQUIPMENT. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R19-78.
- The Chief said that they have received their first $100. for inspection fees.
- A Fire Chief’s Commendation certificate was received from the Ohio Health Trauma Team and our Medical Director for the way the responding medic crew, consisting of Captain Shawn Davidson, Jeremy Lust, Cole Smoot and Chance Diehl, handled a difficult extrication and CPR.
- Chief Noggle requested the board enter executive session to discuss a personnel issue and an offer from Teays Valley School District.
Mr. Welsh made a motion to go into executive session at 8:03pm to discuss a personnel issue and an offer from Teays Valley School District and invited Assistant Fiscal Officer Lindsay Mayse and Fire Chief Chad Noggle to join this session. Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion and the Trustees voted: Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes; Dr. Freeman, yes.
At 9:10pm Mr. Welsh made a motion to leave executive session. Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion and the Trustees voted: Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes; Dr. Freeman, yes.
- Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded a motion to offer Teays Valley School District the purchase of the fire station for one and half million dollars ($1,500,000) based upon the budget number received from Jay-Car for the new station. The Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- The Trustees scheduled a special meeting on September 4th at 9:00 am to review and revise the Employee Handbook and job descriptions. This will be posted on the website and in the Herald.
- Mr. DeFelice mentioned that Kevin Hulse has requested a job review and Dr. Freeman recommended reviewing Kevin at the next meeting.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
August 6, 2019 Regular Meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Dr. Freeman seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of August 6, 2019 and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO ACCEPT THE AMOUNTS AND RATES AS DETERMINED BY THE BUDGET COMMISSION AND AUTHORIZING THE NECESSARY TAX LEVIES AND CERTIFYING THEM TO THE COUNTY AUDITOR FOR THE FISCAL YEAR COMMENCING JANUARY 1, 2020. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion and the Trustees voted: Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes; Dr. Freeman, yes. Approved R 19-79.
A RESOLUTION TO AMMEND THE CHIEF’S CONTRACT TO CLARIFY WHAT HOURS MUST BE REPORTED AS A SALARIED EMPLOYEE. (See Attached.) Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R19-80.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R19-81.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the August 20, 2019 Board of Trustees Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting adjourned at 9:44pm.