HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES MEETING
February 5, 2013
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Keith Peters called the Regular Trustee Meeting of February 5, 2013 to order at 7:00pm at the Township Hall, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Paul Welsh, Trustee Doug Clark, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Also attending was resident, Randy Arledge.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Randy Arledge of 10755 Lockbourne Eastern Road was present to ask what the Trustees could do about the water problem on his property that he claims is caused by a neighbor’s driveway. He would like to have the county come out and look at it. Mr. Peters will call someone at the county and see what they are willing to do.
The Zoning Appeals Board approved a variance for the Hines property on Duvall Road for a pond that will back up to the new state road that is being built.
- The public hearings for the Younkin property and Greenlawn property are scheduled for Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 6pm.
- Kevin ordered a new auger for the snow plow for $599.00.
- There is a half day class on February 22 regarding road maintenance and expansion joints. Kevin would like to attend and the Trustees approved.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
The Chief presented the reasons the department needs to ask for a fire levy. The number of runs is higher than ever before and he needs to add three more full-time firefighters to have five full time firefighters per shift. There is a real need for a new medic and the costs of supplies (fuel, drugs, etc.) continue to rise. After much discussion the Trustees decided to place a 2.5 Fire Levy on the November ballot.
A RESOLUTION TO PLACE A 2.5 FIRE LEVY ON THE NOVEMBER BALLOT. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-14.
Trustee Paul Welsh had to leave the meeting at this time.
- The Chief presented the attached Chief’s report.
- Medic 803 is in the shop again.
- MBI suggests a rate increase of .8% for all medic billing in 2013.
A RESOLUTION TO INCREASE THE AMOUNT BILLED BY MBI FOR OUR MEDIC SERVICE BY .8% FOR 2013. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Peters seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R13-15.
- Edmund Amick has resigned from the department effective January 29, 2013.
- The Chief recommended Brandon Laney to fill the part time rotation on Unit One.
A RESOLUTION TO HIRE BRANDON LANEY AS A PART TIME FIREFIGHTER ON ROTATION EFFECTIVE FEBRUARY 10, 2013. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Peters seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R13-16.
- The Chief recommended hiring Beau Ramey and Alex Keefe as full time firefighters effective February 10, 2013.
A RESOLUTION TO HIRE BEAU RAMEY AS A FULL TIME FIREFIGHTER EFFECTIVE FEBRUARY 10, 2013. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Peters seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R13-17.
A RESOLUTION TO HIRE ALEX KEEFE AS A FULL TIME FIREFIGHTER EFFECTIVE FEBRUARY 10, 2013. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Peters seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R13-18.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
January 15, 2013 Regular meeting: Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Peters seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of January 15, 2013 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Motion carried.
- Lindsay Mayse was supposed to have a real estate contract for the Trustees to sign tonight, but she has left the realty office she worked for and has recommended another realtor to Mr. Clark. Mr. Peters agreed to have the recommended realtor draw up the contract and bring it to the next meeting.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT: None
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Peters seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R13-19.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Peters seconded the motion to adjourn the February 5, 2013 Board of Trustees Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:20pm.