December 16, 2014
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES MEETING
December 16, 2014
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Paul Welsh called the Regular Trustee Meeting of December 16, 2014 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Keith Peters, Trustee Doug Clark, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Eric De Hays from Local Waste Services was also present.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Eric DeHays from Local Waste Services was present to thank the Trustees for contracting them to do the Township Trash Pickup for the last four years. The contract ends on December 31. Mr. Peters asked if the service fee would go up in 2015 if we do not have a contract. Mr. DeHays said the rates would stay the same. Mr. Clark had checked with the prosecutor’s office and was told we do not have to contract the trash service, but we should put a statement on the website stating that the policy has changed.
A RESOLUTION TO NO LONGER CONTRACT TRASH SERVICE FOR THE TOWNSHIP RESIDENTS AS OF JANUARY 1, 2015. EACH RESIDENT MAY HIRE WHOMEVER THEY PREFER FOR TRASH PICKUP. Mr. Peters moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R14-101.
The clerk will place a notice on the website for ninety days stating that residents may choose their trash service.
- Joe hasn’t heard anything from the Prosecutor’s Office regarding Danny Bailey.
- Dino Martin filed an appeal of his Notice of Zoning Violation and that hearing will be at the regularly scheduled meeting of the Zoning Appeals Board on January 12, 2015.
- The cemetery is clean.
- We have received several loads of salt/grits.
- Beau Ramey passed his CDL driver’s test and will be able to drive the snow plow.
- Joey Clark is taking his CDL driver’s permit test on Friday. Kevin asked if he could drive the truck under supervision. The Trustees approved Joey driving the truck if Kevin is supervising him.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- Matt Scholl passed Medic School. He still needs to pass the national board.
- The Pickaway County Historical Society sent a request for membership donation. Mr. Peters asked if we could send the membership donation to the Ashville Area Heritage Society instead. Mr. Clark and Mr. Welsh agreed. The clerk will send $25.00 to the Ashville Society.
The Trustees discussed the Indigent Burial Policy for the Township and decided to approve the new policy. (See Attached.) The clerk will publish the policy to the Township Website.
A RESOLUTION TO ADOPT THE ATTACHED INDIGENT BURIAL POLICY FOR THOSE TOWNSHIP RESIDENTS NEEDING FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR BURIAL. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Peters seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R14-102.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
November 18, 2014 Regular meeting: Mr. Peters moved and Mr. Clark seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of November 18, 2014. The Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
December 5, 2014 Special meeting: Mr. Peters moved and Mr. Clark seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the special meeting of December 5, 2014. The Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT WITH WALNUT TOWNSHIP, PICKAWAY COUNTY, OHIO TO FURNISH FIRE AND EMERGENCY PROTECTION TO WALNUT TOWNSHIP AND THE INHABITANTS THEREOF FOR THE CALENDAR YEAR 2015. Mr. Peters moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R14-103.
A RESOLUTION TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT WITH MADISON TOWNSHIP, PICKAWAY COUNTY, OHIO TO FURNISH FIRE AND EMERGENCY PROTECTION TO MADISON TOWNSHIP AND THE INHABITANTS THEREOF FOR THE CALENDAR YEAR 2015. Mr. Peters moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R14-104.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Peters seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R14-105.
The Trustees agreed to hold a special meeting at 10am on December 31, 2014 to approve end of the year bills, sign checks and adopt the 2015 Appropriations.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Peters seconded the motion to adjourn the December 16, 2014 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:37pm.