HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
December 18, 2018
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Joe DeFelice called the Regular Trustee Meeting of December 18, 2018 to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Mike Freeman, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Chad Noggle, Zoning Inspector Dale Hoover and Road/Cemetery Employee Darryl Ward. Sheriff Officer Gabe Carpenter and Firefighters Bobby Wall and AJ Owens were also present.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Officer Carpenter stated that he would have Hoover Road and Weigand Road monitored for speeders. He will try to get the speed trailer set up also.
- The Firefighters were present to observe the meeting.
- South Central Power is trying to get an easement to run above ground and underground lines along Old Duvall Road.
- Darryl did not buy the acetylene torch, because the $300.00 will not cover the cost of everything needed. Mr. DeFelice made a motion to approve the purchase of both tanks and the correct wrench, not to exceed an additional $1000.00 and to be paid from Roads: Equipment. Dr. Freeman seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- Mr. DeFelice approved an emergency purchase of a catch basin for $695.00 to replace the broken one at the Township Building and hired Digger McCray to install the new catch basin for $500.00. He made a motion to pay for this repair from Roads: Repairs & Maintenance. Dr. Freeman seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- Ed Duncan is no longer working at the cemetery.
- A lean-to will not work for the road mower, because the Township Building roof is not high enough. It was recommended that a carport is purchased. Mr. Welsh asked Darryl to get an estimate for this.
- Dr. Freeman asked Darryl to get estimates for installing garage doors for the garage without doors.
- Rose Dudley was told she could not replace shrubs at the cemetery that she removed. Dr. Freeman will call her and explain the cemetery rules.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief reported that the department has had ten calls for non-injury lift-assist runs since September 8, 2018 at one address. He has asked the Prosecutor to write a letter to these residents regarding calling emergency squads for non-emergency runs.
- Postings for Full-time and Part-time firefighters have been posted and applications will be received until January 11, 2019.
- The Medical Director’s new contract needs to be signed. The Fiscal Officer asked for the amount paid to the director to be shown on the contract.
- The Chief asked to have someone from the cemetery accompany people who want to retrieve their shepherd hooks which are stored in the Fire Department’s barn.
- The Chief asked to go into executive session to discuss a personnel issue. The Trustees chose to finish other business before going into executive session.
- The Fire Contracts for 2019 have been returned from Walnut Township and Madison Township.
- Care Works Comp has sent the renewal for 2019 with a projected discount of 45% and an annual group premium savings of $10,617.
A RESOLUTION TO CHOOSE CARE WORKS COMP AS OUR THIRD PARTY ADMINISTRATOR AS PART OF THE 2019 OHIO TOWNSHIP ASSOCIATION WORKER’S COMPENSATION GROUP RATING PROGRAM AT AN ANNUAL COST OF $2323.00. Mr. Welsh moved and Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R18-116.
- The first Tuesday of January is the first. Mr. DeFelice moved that we change the January meeting dates to the second Tuesday, January 8, 2019 and fourth Tuesday, January 22, 2019. Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
December 4, 2018 Regular Meeting: Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of December 4, 2018 and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO REALLOCATE $1000.00 FROM GENERAL: WORKERS’ COMP TO CONTRACTED SERVICES. Mr. DeFelice moved and Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-117.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-118.
Mr. Welsh made a motion to go into executive session at 8:09pm to discuss personnel issues at the Fire Department and invited Chief Chad Noggle to join the executive session. Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion and the Trustees voted: Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes; Dr. Freeman, yes.
At 8:53pm Mr. Welsh made a motion to leave executive session. Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion and the Trustees voted: Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes; Dr. Freeman, yes.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. DeFelice moved and Dr. Freeman seconded the motion to adjourn the December 18, 2018 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting adjourned at 9:02pm.